New User
Fortiz5708
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Deleting a book from the Nook Color

I downloaded a sample of a book and I cannot download it.  There is an error.  I took it to B&N and they can't tell me why it won't download either.  They did tell me that I have to connect to my computer and then delete it.  Well I connected my NC to my computer but it only allows me to download onto the NC not take off.  HELP?

Inspired Contributor
poleng

Re: Deleting a book from the Nook Color

you can delete the ebook from bn.com, click on My Nook Library, and right accross the book you will see the delete option, after deleting, go to your nook, My Library and tap on the Sync Button (looks like refresh button)...

Make sure your currently connected to a wifi hotspot

Contributor
ginger144
0 Kudos

I have deleted books off my computer OK with no problems, but can not get them deleted off my Color Nook. Please help,   ginger144@live.com

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

ginger144 wrote:

I have deleted books off my computer OK with no problems, but can not get them deleted off my Color Nook. Please help,   ginger144@live.com

Please describe the problem in more detail. -If they are BN books, it must be done online, they cannot be deleted using the NC alone. -You can Archive BN books directly on the NC. -If they are sideloaded books, you must connect the NC to your computer to delete.
Contributor
ginger144
0 Kudos

My wife and I both have Color Nooks purchased at the same time,registered with same Email and password.  I was able to delete everything that I wanted to from the other persons advice earlier,But when I went to try the same operation on my wifes Color Nook  the books were not in the B&N my library library to delete, but they are still on her Color Nook Library. I hope this information will help you solve my problem.  Thanks,   ginger144

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

ginger144 wrote:

My wife and I both have Color Nooks purchased at the same time,registered with same Email and password.  I was able to delete everything that I wanted to from the other persons advice earlier,But when I went to try the same operation on my wifes Color Nook  the books were not in the B&N my library library to delete, but they are still on her Color Nook Library. I hope this information will help you solve my problem.  Thanks,   ginger144

Did you do a sync on her NookColor?

Contributor
ginger144
0 Kudos

Could youd you please tell me where I should go to find Sync. Then tell me the procedure to do the set up   Thanks   ginger144

Contributor
swbarnes2
0 Kudos

It's the circley arrow button in the lower left corner when you are in your Nook Color library.

The one you hit every time you buy a new book from Barnes and Noble.com, and want your Nook Color to see that you've bought it.

Contributor
ginger144
0 Kudos

I understand everything you have told me to do ,but I have tried the sync like you said and I  still have the ebooks that I deleted off my C/N and my P/C on my wifes C/N. I have clicked on the sync over and over and nothing happens.  You also said I need to click on the sync when I purchase a new ebook to get them on my C/N, but I have never done that, and I have not had any trouble getting the ebooks on the C/N to read. I hope this makes it clear enough to you what my problem is, and how to fix ix it.. It  seems like that maybe it's because I have the same Email and same password on both C/Ns and because the ebooks were deleted off my C/N 1st, it will not allow the 2nd C/N to perform the same task when the ebooks are allready gone and can't be deleted from the P/C. I hope this is not more confusing now,it's just a thought maybe to check out. I appreciate all the help so far,I'm sure you will figure out the solution for me.   Thanks   Dave

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

Try complete shutdown and restart of the NC.  If both are on the same account and you deleted the book online, I don't know why it persists on one device.  Is the problem device connecting to WiFi? 

Contributor
ginger144
0 Kudos

They both have been shut down completely several times, at the same time and shut down individully several times, at different times. Also the Internet WiFi is very strong on both C/N. They both have been hooked up to the P/C. Nothing seems to work. I am doing everything you have told me to do .I'm just helpless here trying to get both of the C/N looking the same. I'll do whatever you ask me to try.   Thanks   Dave

Contributor
ginger144
0 Kudos

Also I need to tell you that somrtimes ,not all of the time when the sync button has been clicked on a arrow pointing at it with  a message  in a retanglar square that says Notifaction at the top of the square and in the center of the square it says No Notifactions. I don't know if that helps you or not..   Thanks,   Dave

New User
J_Alekzandor
0 Kudos

I had a similar issue, and ended up calling support.  They worked with me for about 30 minutes and said they hadn't seen anything like that before.  After trying all the things you folks have suggested with no success, they told me to deregister it, reboot, then reregister it.  Voila!  Worked.  

Now if I could just get the syncing to work, I'll be a happy camper.  (well, even if I can't, I'm still a happy camper.  I love my nook!)

BTW, I'm using Nook for PC, Nook for iPhone, and 2 NC's.

Josh

Contributor
ginger144
0 Kudos

Josh I did what you said and I lost my wireless connection and no mater what I do I can't  get my wireless back. Any suggestions    Thank    Dave                            ginger144

New User
Mrs_AngelVH
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to delete an app off the NC???

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Mrs_AngelVH wrote:

Does anyone know how to delete an app off the NC???

I don't have a NC, but I used the search button above and found this link (there are others if this doesn't help you) -

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-General-Discussion/Deleting-apps/m-p/984532/highli...

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

You can archive apps just like you would books. If you want it gone forever, you go to your BN aacount online and select delete there. This is the same thing you do to remove a book forever. If you want the app or book again after deleting online, you must repurchase it. For ginger144, when you say you deleted the book using your pc, did you mean you went to your BN account on the website, went into your library there , and selected delete? Have you bone back to you account on the website to see if the book has been deleted? Did you also try archiving the book on both devices, and then deleting them in your account on the website?
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
ginger144
0 Kudos

I had a lot of trouble ,such as you and after alot of research on own. I had problems understanding the support group from B/N .  Here is what you do, go to settings,then click on Device info,then click on Erase and Deregister Device.  Don't worry all of that is in your B/N My Library in your P.C., will not be lost. Now you will have to reload the registering process  (make sure when it asks for your wireless password ,use the password given to you from your internet provider,it will be the router password that you will use) Now you will click on connect your ,when prompted. It will take a minute or so then it will reload your complete My Library that you have saved with B/N and all of the unwanted junk you don't want will be gone. I hope this info will help you out.          Good Luck,   Dave

New User
BrenAT2005
0 Kudos

I just want to say that it is kind of sad that it is easier to erase and deregister the device than it is to simply delete a book.  I spent hours trying to get one deleted - it was gone from BN.com my library but still showed on my Nook regardless of what I did.  Just spent 3 minutes deregistering it and setting it up again and I am all set.

Thanks Dave!

Contributor
ginger144
0 Kudos

Glad to help out. You would think this information would be available in their manual.        Dave