BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 517
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

Re: Difficult to slide charger into Nook Color

Hi snugglebugs4,

Thanks for the post!

I'm sorry you've had so many issues with your charge cord. We will be more than happy to replace any defective charge cables/adapters for you.

Please contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and choose option 2 for Digital Support.

They'll walk you through the replacement process.

Hope this helps!

-Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
New User
Chicchica75
0 Kudos

I'm on my 2nd charging cable since I received my Nookcolor in May for Mother's Day...at $30 a pop that's ridiculous considering they cost about $4.00 to make.  I'm very disappointed and it looks like I will have to go out and buy another because my 2nd one just broke on Friday.  B&N dropped the ball on this one, a $249 (at time of my purchase) for a piece of equipment and cheap accessories...Unbelievable.

Contributor
booklover254
0 Kudos

Have you contacted Customer Service? If your NC was bought in May, it (including the charger) should still be under the one year warranty so your charger should be replaced at no charge.
New User
Factoid-filer
0 Kudos

I also had that problem.  In fact, mine broke several wires in the cord.  I bought mine at Staples and they refused to do anything and told me to contact B&N.

New User
puentjc2123
0 Kudos

I am on my 3rd charger now because they keep breaking off when I struggle with plugging it in. Just not what I thought it would be. :smileysad: :smileysad:

New User
Nalabud
0 Kudos

I have had the same issue with mine since the purchase this past June.  I have not bothered with returning it & have just dealt with it seeing as the nook seems to work fine.  I do not have a problem with the light on mine though.  I also have a friend who owns the same Nook as I do & she is able to charge hers by plugging it into her computer.  I don't understand this, as she has checked my charger & she has the same one that I do & mine will not charge while plugged into the computer & the paperwork tells me that it won't either.  Good luck.  Maybe you should return it just in case.

Reader
michele301
0 Kudos

I have changed mine, and still have the same problem.