Contributor
Serenrhapsody
0 Kudos

EMBARQ EMAIL SETTINGS

Hello! I am trying to manually set up Embarq email on a NOOKcolor and on a NOOK Tablet with no connection success. Regular log-in doesn't work. Shutting off wi-fi at keast stops the spinning of the sync button, but, can anyone help with the exact set-up for Embarq on each device? Provider is Century link. Thank you, Seren
New User
Reno_Calavera
0 Kudos

Re: EMBARQ EMAIL SETTINGS

It is likely that you will have to access your Embarq through the browser instead of the e-mail application.

Some information that I found:

You can no longer set up new email accounts with Embarq, but you can retrieve messages from your old account using third-party software. If you want to forward your Embarq email, you also need to change the settings to authenticate the outgoing server, since Embarq changed its access requirements in 2009. (http://www.ehow.com/how_6568399_set-up-embarq-email.html)

Your username is your full embarq email address
Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.embarqmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.embarqmail.com
When sending email from some devices you may need to use port 587 instead of port 25.

The NC and NT e-mail applications work best with web-based addresses such as Yahoo!, Hotmail, etc.

Contributor
Serenrhapsody
0 Kudos

Re: EMBARQ EMAIL SETTINGS

Thank you Reno for not only your prompt reply to handling the Embarq mail issue, but, for also letting me know what happened back in 2009. With much appreciation, Seren