New User
Doughboy65
0 Kudos

Email Indication not happening?

I know its a small thing--I love my new nook color--I am getting the NSA card with driod rooting installed already--but a little thing like not seeing incoming email alerts is driving me crazy---I have to go to mail app--hit sync and then I get new emails--In settings I have the notification button check also!!

Joe

Doughboy65
New User
Doughboy65
0 Kudos

Re: Email Indication not happening?

anyhelp on this?

Doughboy65
Contributor
booklover254
0 Kudos

Is there any chance that when you were working through the dropdown menu setting your parameters that although you checked the box telling it to notify you on the status line when you have new email, that you didn't tell it how often to check? I leave mine set to 30 minutes.
Distinguished Correspondent
peppyauntie121
0 Kudos

booklover254 wrote:
Is there any chance that when you were working through the dropdown menu setting your parameters that although you checked the box telling it to notify you on the status line when you have new email, that you didn't tell it how often to check? I leave mine set to 30 minutes.
Can u help me? Where in settings is there the option of saying how often to check email for the status line? I have not been getting the notification icon on the status bar for days! I looked in settings and see nothing about email. HELP!
Contributor
booklover254
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Peppyauntie, select the email app. In the second box at the top where your email address probably shows, that box is actually a dropdown menu. Select Accounts and you will see each of the email accounts you have set up. Tap the icon to the right of the email account whose details you want to check, and you'll see several settings. In the General Settings you can tell the app how often it should check your email for that account. In the next group (actually just one choice) you tell it to actually DO the checking you've specified. If you've set up another email account, repeat the process for it. Hope this helps.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

I have mine set for 30 mins. also.

yio
Contributor
yio
0 Kudos

What you MUST do to setup Yahoo Mail on your nook

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN4247&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1345512...

How to setup Yahoo! Mail on the Nook Tablet with POP access

Please note: this feature is available only to Mail Plus subscribers. For more information on Mail Plus, please visit this webpage.

In order to get POP or IMAP you MUST have Yahoo Mail Plus

the link above gives full instructions on how to setup your email after you have Mail Plus

Case Closed!