Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

Email keeps reloading inbox!

OK I upgraded my NC to 1.4.1 today. Now every time I read messages in my inbox and go back to the inbox listing, it removes and reloads all of the messages from the server, marking them all unread again. Gah! What's up with this thing?

Contributor
ShugaNJ
0 Kudos

Re: Email keeps reloading inbox!

:smileymad: happening to me as well.  I have decided to ignore notifications for the rest of the evening.

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

I emailed tech support. I received a quick reply which said to de-register, then re-register which would redo all my books and apps. Then to call them if that doesn't fix it. I feel suspicious that this might be a canned response... Anyone else done the de-reg and re-reg? Is it relatively painless?

Inspired Wordsmith
LM44
0 Kudos

This is happening to me as well. Looks like it is a glitch with the new update.

I was wandering if others were having the same problem.

To the moderators,

If you're reading this could you forward this problem

to the programmers.

Frequent Contributor
mrts511
0 Kudos

Same thing with me,,,keeps reloading,,,everything i deleted is back in my inbox,even stuff i deleted yesterday....and sometimes it says connection error and does nothing at all...(and yes wifi is on). I have also shut the device off and back on ,,but it doesnt fix anything.
Frequent Contributor
MLBerry
0 Kudos

Me too.  I am having exactly the same problem.

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

Well. I reckon this evening I may bite the bullet and do the un-reg, re-reg and see what happens (besides losing and having to reconstruct all my bookshelves, personal settings, and app settings, etc).

Correspondent
SkipperT
0 Kudos

Same here - can't delete anything.  Please (someone) post here if the re-reg. actually works.

A man who doesn't read has no advantage over one who can't read. - Mark Twain (paraphrased)
Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Not sure if this is a related problem, but I also noticed that my delete settings don't "stick". I set it to delete from the server when I delete locally, but it keeps reverting to delete only local. :-/

Yeah I reckon I'll be the guinea pig on the re-reg...

Correspondent
SkipperT

Re-registering was a fine exercise but had NOTHING to do with the problem!

They obviously tell folks that to blow them off.  It had no effect on mine whatever.  It's now loading messages I deleted in November!

This is why I've never before re-registered, thinking CS has just discovered an easy way to get folks off the line.

A man who doesn't read has no advantage over one who can't read. - Mark Twain (paraphrased)
Inspired Wordsmith
LM44
0 Kudos

mbratch wrote:

Well. I reckon this evening I may bite the bullet and do the un-reg, re-reg and see what happens (besides losing and having to reconstruct all my bookshelves, personal settings, and app settings, etc).

Don't bother. I tried it. It doesn't work. Same thing happens.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm unable to replicate the issue you all are having. However, to further investigate what is happening can you please PM me with the name of your email provider.

Thanks

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

BN_AlexG wrote:

Hi All,

I'm unable to replicate the issue you all are having. However, to further investigate what is happening can you please PM me with the name of your email provider.

Thanks

- Alex

Hi Alex, thanks for looking into this!

Sorry, I couldn't find a link for sending you a PM. I clicked on your name and it took me to a profile, butr no PM button (?).

My setup:

pop3 server: pop-server.rochester.rr.com (Time Warner Road Runner)

port 110

Security type none (it requires a password of course, but doesn't use SSL).

Issues:

• My "delete email from server" setting is "Never". Even if I try to change it, it reverts to "Never". However, if I delete an email on my NC, it actually does delete off the server (even though this parameter continues to say "Never").
  • Suppose I have a bunch of emails on the server and I pull them down in the email client. In my case, the email client does a good job being in sync with what is actually active (not deleted) on the server. If I read an email, then click the "back" button to go back to the list, the email program clears the inbox and re-reads all of them again from the server marking all of them unread, even the one I just read. Even if I read all of them (using the up/down arrow whilst reading them) then go "back" to the list, it will initially show them all read, but then clear (automatically) and reload from server, marking all of them unread.

Is that a clear description?

Thanks

Mark

Reader 4
reader664
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. Just started today. Keeps reloading emails even after deleting them. My email is through comcast. Thank for looking into this.
Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

Ok this is weird.... it seems to be working this morning. Never has before. Although the "delete from server" setting is still stuck on "Never" even though it does indeed delete from server when I delete locally.

Correspondent
SkipperT
0 Kudos

THANKS ALEX:  Frontier email seems OK now!

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

mbratch wrote:

Ok this is weird.... it seems to be working this morning. Never has before. Although the "delete from server" setting is still stuck on "Never" even though it does indeed delete from server when I delete locally.

Ruh roh... back to shenanegans. Not working again. Joy short-lived.

Frequent Contributor
mocha2009
0 Kudos

I'm also having this issue with both my comcast.net and msn.com e-mail accounts.  Really frustrating - gave up checking e-mail on my NC.  Hopefully, this will be fixed soon.

Contributor
jlsmina
0 Kudos

I am having same problem. Spoke to customer service. Told me delete my email account and then set up account again. This worked yesterday but today it is back to reloading all emails. I have comcast. This has never happened before the update. Please help.
Jelsa
Correspondent
Joe05
0 Kudos

Yep having the same problems here as the rest of you are having. I have a hotmail account. Have tried what has been suggested but still nothing. It worked just fine before the upgrade.