New User
Rinny697
0 Kudos

Ending your nook book?

This is a dumb question but I can't figure it out :smileyhappy: When I finish a book I end on the last page, obviously, after that if I go back to My Library it shows that book but that it's on the last page, like the page number is still showing as if I'm reading it. So I think my question is, how do you close a book when you're finished?

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

Re: Ending your nook book?

This question comes up from time to time.  The concept of an "open" ebook is something new.  On an ereader the only "open" book is the one that is currently being read.  All others are "closed".  You can open the book you have finished and navigate back to the cover if you prefer and it will show as page one.  One advantage of leaving it at the last page is that you can tell that yu have read it at a later date.

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Currently you cannot.  Maybe BN will incorporate the ability to close and mark a book as read in a future update.  Just have to wait.

Correspondent
KapSukdulan
0 Kudos

wait for 1.2. when the book is read, it will tag it as read... then it will go a specific shelf called "read".

NOOK for China iPad rip-off
Correspondent
kjreads
0 Kudos

This bothered me too.  Now after reading last page of book I go back to the cover page for that book.  I've created a shelf in library (love my shelves feature) where I place books I've finished so I edit (open that shelf) and check the box next to book title to add finished book to the shelf.   Then I go to Settings, Home, Clear Keep Reading List to take finished book out of the Keep Reading section.

Takes much longer to type out than to do it :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
KapSukdulan
0 Kudos

in the next update, it's automatic.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

KapSukdulan wrote:

I rarely do say this specifically, but you are a major troll.  Please don't listen to this um, person, since he/she is intent on giving erroneous information.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Correspondent
KapSukdulan
0 Kudos

In the face of uncertainty and adversity I need someone to blame. You look like a worthy subject. - are you trying to blame me? are you in the face of uncertainty and adversity? haha

Wordsmith
mariel9898
0 Kudos

KapSukdulan wrote:

And you know this how? Or are you another spring break troll?

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

mariel9898 wrote:

KapSukdulan wrote:

And you know this how? Or are you another spring break troll?

Definitely a troll.  Keeps telling people to send in their nooks or nookcolors for replacement or other things and then also is using another name, something like baby_chyll.  Also tells people to root and use some other software.  Just random garbage.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Reader 4
Gee_Bee

I usually archive the book when I am done. It takes the book out of the library and puts it on an 'archived' shelf. I can always get the book back if I want to reread or loan it to someone. The B&N website keeps track of all active and archived books.

Hope this helps.

Gee_Bee
New User
kitipom
0 Kudos