Reader 2
lhachwen
0 Kudos

Error (-1) when deregistering

For some reason my nook is unable to access the shop since I sideloaded the 1.2 update, so I tried to reset it to factory. I keep getting this message: "Deregistration failed (-1). Local reset will not be attempted." I know I'm getting internet, so I'm not really sure what the issue is. Tried a hard reset I found mentioned in one of these threads (power + n + volume up), but it just turned off and then back on.

I'm not really sure what to do - I got this all of five days ago and so far it's just been driving me crazy :-/

Inspired Correspondent
Niteryder
0 Kudos

Re: Error (-1) when deregistering

Try going to YouTube search for Huskermania, he has two videos on how to reset your NC. Very easy to follow and understand.

"Keep me, Protect me, Share me, and I Will Live Forever"
From the Kodak Gallery, A powerful & Moving Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWwqAI6x9A
Reader 2
lhachwen
0 Kudos

The video I found said that I'd have to use an SD card, which I don't have. I don't mind going and getting one, I guess, but I'd rather not put more money into this until I know it'll work. Are there any ways to restore factory without external media?

Inspired Correspondent
Niteryder
0 Kudos

Try the other video, you do not need an SD card.

"Keep me, Protect me, Share me, and I Will Live Forever"
From the Kodak Gallery, A powerful & Moving Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWwqAI6x9A
Frequent Contributor
solitair
0 Kudos

If your Nook just shut off when doing the n+volume up+power, try it again. I often have to do it 2 or 3 times to get all the buttons pushed right. You should have a similar screen to when it loads an update.

Reader 2
lhachwen
0 Kudos

I ended up finding an article telling me to do 8 interrupted boots, and that seemed to work. Of course, now my nook is no longer compatible with my router.

Meh.