Reader 2
BeeBeasley
0 Kudos

Error Message: Cannot Insert into EDS

Yesterday I purchased 2 new magazine subscriptions, Ellery Queen and NY Review of Books. Instead of an immediate download the cover images arrived and the download bar started spinning 14 hours later they continue doing so. When I did a long press so the menu on the magazine would come up to active "download" an error message appeared "Error: Problem inserting into the EDS." I am guessing from my professional work that EDS is Electronic Delivery System which is a Sequel server error. I did a few hard restarts, turned off wireless and still the same thing. After poking on the board I see that this problem is similar in nature but also unique. Here's what I did to remedy the problem. Archived the 2 publications. Unarchived them. It was a slow chugging download but it worked. I worry about B&N a great product but crowd sourcing technical support is risky business.
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Re: Error Message: Cannot Insert into EDS

BeeBeasley wrote:
Yesterday I purchased 2 new magazine subscriptions, Ellery Queen and NY Review of Books. Instead of an immediate download the cover images arrived and the download bar started spinning 14 hours later they continue doing so. When I did a long press so the menu on the magazine would come up to active "download" an error message appeared "Error: Problem inserting into the EDS." I am guessing from my professional work that EDS is Electronic Delivery System which is a Sequel server error. I did a few hard restarts, turned off wireless and still the same thing. After poking on the board I see that this problem is similar in nature but also unique. Here's what I did to remedy the problem. Archived the 2 publications. Unarchived them. It was a slow chugging download but it worked. I worry about B&N a great product but crowd sourcing technical support is risky business.

It is hoped that along with the update will come some form of real support.  These boards are crying for it, but we have patiently figured that the ones who will help with support have been tied up with the update, additional learning, or some such.  Considering the NC has had about 2 million (I think it was) units sold which far exceeded expectations and that they have been taking in numerous suggestions as well as providing application creation software for the app store, it just may be that right now they have their hands full.  Not an excuse, but a reason, if you get my meaning.

One other thing that is important to note is that unfortunately of late the trend for tech support forums for many electronice devices has been to leave it to users to discuss.  I got a mifi, no company help at all.  In fact, many companies provide no support whatsoever and charge for phone calls for help.  Great, huh.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.