Reader
dkreader
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Error dialog: user not activated

I've been downloading ePub books into Adobe Digital Editions and transferring to my Nook Color with no problem. Today I followed the same procedure (downloaded into ADE, dragged title to Nook Color), but when I try to open the book on Nook, I get a message: Error dialog: User not activated. Help!

Thanks

Dk

Reader
dkreader
0 Kudos

Re: Error dialog: user not activated

Replying to my own post, as I fixed the problem by shutting down the Nook entirely and rebooting.

New User
GPWNook
0 Kudos

This just happened to me with my borrowed library book, after already begun reading it.  It seemed to occur after the 1.4.2 software update.  I had to go back into Digital Editions and re-authorize my nook to this computer.  It is working fine now.

New User
SFNV
0 Kudos

Just happened with 1.4.3 software update, too. Open ADE, connect nook to computer, automatically reauthorizes BUT takes a long time to complete if you have many digital editions. Be patient as hourglass will go on and off many times.
New User
Rowergirl25
0 Kudos

I'm getting this same error, and have tried the proposed solutions to no avail.  Anything new?

New User
TazzerGP

Ihad this same problem and got help from the B&N Chat line. He said 'You have to reauthorize my Nook with Adobe Digital Editions". I said "Fine, how do you do that" and he sent me the following instructions which worked fine. One would think that B&N would make these instructions easier to find, wouldn't one?

Marlon Mahon: Please connect the NOOK to your computer and close the ADE software if it's open.

Marlon Mahon: If your computer detects your NOOK and asks if you wish to open the drive click “OK.”

Marlon Mahon: Alternatively, you can double-click on the “NOOK” drive located in “My Computer” for Windows PC users or on the desktop for Mac users.

Marlon Mahon: Locate the “.adobe-digital-editions” and “digital editions” folders on the root of the drive. Delete the folders by dragging them to the recycle or trash bin, or by highlighting them and clicking delete. This will delete all Adobe local content from your NOOK. Deleting these folders will securely and conclusively deauthorize your device, which will allow you to properly authorize your device and begin your download(s).

Marlon Mahon: When completed, safely eject your NOOK from your computer.

Marlon Mahon: Open Adobe Digital Editions and re-connect your NOOK. When prompted, Adobe Digital Editions will ask to authorize your device. Click "OK." Adobe Digital Editions application will recreate the previously deleted folders.

Marlon Mahon: Once the NOOK is authorized, please transfer the book to your NOOK and check are you able to read the books on your NOOK device.

New User
pdxharris
0 Kudos

I just tried all these steps and it didn't work for me. Any other ideas?

New User
jm42
0 Kudos

Doesn't work for me either.

New User
mysunshine19
0 Kudos

Has anyone figured this out yet I have tried everything that i can think of. Including uninstalling the Adobe digital editions and then reinstalling it. To no AVAIL it still does not work!! :smileysurprised:( I REALLY don't like updates that have bugs in them and no choice as to whether or not you want it installed !

Frequent Contributor
geertm

mysunshine19 wrote:

Has anyone figured this out yet I have tried everything that i can think of. Including uninstalling the Adobe digital editions and then reinstalling it. To no AVAIL it still does not work!! :smileysurprised:( I REALLY don't like updates that have bugs in them and no choice as to whether or not you want it installed !

The problem has nothing to do with ADE on your PC. The problem is causes by incorrect authorization information in the Adobe folders on your Nook.

- As you have re-installed ADE on your PC make sure you did authorize your PC. In ADE use CTRL-SHIFT-I to check your authorization information.

- Delete the 2 Adobe folders on the Nook

- Eject and disconnect your Nook from your PC

- Start ADE on you PC.

- Connect the Nook to your PC again.

- ADE will ask you to authorize the Nook.

New User
MsJoyBeth

This worked for me. Just be sure to follow the steps in order.
Contributor
levon9

These steps worked perfectly on my Simple Nook Touch - thank you for posting these.
New User
rclar
0 Kudos

No problem until this last update.  Then same as described in other posts.  I followed the exact directions as per the BN Chat post and it fixed my issue.  I had tried to deactivate the Nook and then reactivate using the ADE mehtod through the program and it didn't work.  Follow the BN Chat directions and it fixed the issue.  Thanks for posting, finding the solution and letting me in on it.  

Nice to know that I am not crazy and that I can now read my library books.  THANKS!!!

New User
dbNE
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help! Worked for me!
New User
nan851
0 Kudos

Finally!!!!  After weeks of trying to get this error fixed, I've have success. Thank you.

Reader 2
Khylea
0 Kudos

Deleteing the two adobe folders on the nook and re-activating the device worked for me. Thank you for the help!

New User
ronCA
0 Kudos

That worked for me. Many Thanks.
New User
Roxy69RL
0 Kudos

THANKS!!! Am fixing to leave for a hospital stay and couldn't get my Nook to download my books. Followed your instructions and worked perfectly!!!

New User
Steve_VL
0 Kudos

This worked for me on my Nook Tablet with the following exception:  ADE did not prompt or ask me to authorize my Nook.  The folders were automatically re-created.  However, when I re-copied the borrowed book from ADE into my Nook, a message box popped up that said it was authorizing my Nook.  The book was then readable on my Nook.  I use Windows 7, don't know if that has anything to do with the difference.

Reader
Dutchie
0 Kudos

ADE did not ask to authorize my device, but it automatically worked after

the first steps.

Thanks.