New User
bobbi59
0 Kudos

Re: Error dialog: user not activated

Here it is 2013, using Adobe Editions 2.0 and it FINALLY worked for me, after I rebooted, took all Adobe off of the Nook, and reauthorized the Nook. Phew! Nice to be able to check a book out again!

New User
BillBlume
0 Kudos

TazzerGP wrote:

Ihad this same problem and got help from the B&N Chat line. He said 'You have to reauthorize my Nook with Adobe Digital Editions". I said "Fine, how do you do that" and he sent me the following instructions which worked fine. One would think that B&N would make these instructions easier to find, wouldn't one?

Marlon Mahon: Please connect the NOOK to your computer and close the ADE software if it's open.

Marlon Mahon: If your computer detects your NOOK and asks if you wish to open the drive click “OK.”

Marlon Mahon: Alternatively, you can double-click on the “NOOK” drive located in “My Computer” for Windows PC users or on the desktop for Mac users.

Marlon Mahon: Locate the “.adobe-digital-editions” and “digital editions” folders on the root of the drive. Delete the folders by dragging them to the recycle or trash bin, or by highlighting them and clicking delete. This will delete all Adobe local content from your NOOK. Deleting these folders will securely and conclusively deauthorize your device, which will allow you to properly authorize your device and begin your download(s).

Marlon Mahon: When completed, safely eject your NOOK from your computer.

Marlon Mahon: Open Adobe Digital Editions and re-connect your NOOK. When prompted, Adobe Digital Editions will ask to authorize your device. Click "OK." Adobe Digital Editions application will recreate the previously deleted folders.

Marlon Mahon: Once the NOOK is authorized, please transfer the book to your NOOK and check are you able to read the books on your NOOK device.

This worked for me. Thank you.

New User
DarrenFS
0 Kudos

worked for me - followed steps exactly!  thanks!!

New User
Gandra
0 Kudos

These steps worked for me...
New User
FrankB_Reader

This worked fine for me when I actually read the instructions and followed them. I sometimes get impatient, and that didn't work for me. 

New User
cjreaderAL

I just wanted to say thank you.  I encountered the same problem and thanks to you, I can read the new book I had just downloaded right before I received the error message.  I appreciate your post.

Happy Reading!!!

New User
SidCA
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your clear concise instructions.  I haven't been able to read my Adobe books for a few months and finally googled to seek a solution.  Appreciate the help.  Worked like a dream. 

New User
ChicagoReaderM
0 Kudos

Thanks!  It worked like a charm.

New User
leahshunt

The advice about removing the digital editions file from the Nook works.  But, you have to find the file on the Nook, not your computer.

1) go to Devices and Printers

2) find the Nook icon

3) view files

4) delete Digital Editions

5) I tried this once and it didn't work.  The next time, I did it again.  Disconnected the Nook and powered it down all the way.  Then, I restarted and Digital Editions automatically loaded, authorized etc. without any comment.  I transferred a book and it worked fine.

Thanks to everyone for their input.  Extremely helpful and polite.

New User
tryinghardAP
0 Kudos

Please could any one do this for me in a very simple form.

l am just not getting it to work and so so angry and frustrated,

l feel like chucking it in and going back to books. it has taken me over 5 hours to get a book on my nook from the library and the first time away from the house its says  error dialogue user not activated. Please can some one explain it really  really simply. l tried to drag to delete and it wouldn't let me thanks in hope

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

There's not really any easy way.

Firstly, you need to let us know your EXACT problem.

Are you trying to read a library book on your Nook?

Just download the Overdrive App from the store and read through that.

New User
BernieBot
0 Kudos

Great! Fixed my problem. Thanks for sharing!
New User
geebeeGB
0 Kudos

Yay, I had the same problem and this fix worked. Thanks!

New User
chris1589
0 Kudos

worked for me great with the nook simple touch! Thank you!!

New User
readdgab
0 Kudos

Had this same problem with my library ebooks, and I tried restarting my Nook, reloading the book, etc. before trying the solution posted by TazzerGB, which worked. Thanks!

New User
LAC2001TX
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for these step-by-step directions!  I was so frustrated last night when I couldn't figure out what to do.  Your directions were perfect and solved my problem!

Contributor
Rachel1111
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting this! I was able to re-authorize my long unused nook1E; I did have open ADE and THEN connect the nook1E. Thanks everyone!
New User
lmason9061
0 Kudos

This worked for me. Thank you for taking the time to post this.
New User
emu22
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I just had to deal with this issue today.  It was a nightmare.  I have Mac, so maybe that makes it a bit different for me.  I tried all the steps that were written on here several times, but it didn't work. Also, on my Mac, it never prompted me to authorize my Nook.  I had to manually click on the Nook and click the button to authorize it. Anyway, I chatted with a BN representative and I had to unregister my Nook and then re-register it.  It worked after that. 

Hope that is helpful to someone who is struggling with the same problem I had!

New User
alenaluvmilo
0 Kudos

did it work because i am trying that today ps how long did you leave it off