New User
jdazer
0 Kudos

Re: Error dialog: user not activated

This post was so helpful. Fixed my problem right away. I thought I was in for a long solution! Thanks
Reader
Jo13CO
0 Kudos

thanks so much for the help!
Frequent Contributor
Toreth
0 Kudos

Thank you! I was so frustrated
New User
SJWI
0 Kudos

Worked perfectly!

New User
HappyreaderAF
0 Kudos

THANK YOU so much for this post! This totally worked and fixed my issue. On to reading :-)
New User
dorshiver
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting this. I had nearly given up on library loans after wrestling with this issue for way too long. This fixed the issue for me.

New User
Pwdrfngr55
0 Kudos

This worked! Thank you.

New User
VictoriaD71
0 Kudos

:smileyvery-happy:

thank you!!  I tried calling the support and they had me do similar things but it didn't work and was driving me crazy!  Now I see from your post that there were 2 folders that had to be deleted and when I did that, it worked.  I'm so happy I can read my library books again

Reader 2
rogerowens
0 Kudos

I tried all the suggestions here. Nothing worked. But I won, the hard way. I restored my nook to factory settings, reloaded all side-loaded ebooks, and downloaded all B&N purchased books. After this ADE finally asked me if I wanted to authorize the nook. All well now. The problem is ADE is an incompletely written app. They need a menu function to re-authorize a device or computer without us having to delete folders! Amateur programmers or cheap mgt. that won't let the programmers put the polish on this app! Just like they never fixed Flash!
New User
epzcaw
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. My Ilaptop is being repaired so I cannot do any of these things. So the Nook is useless. It has been in my bag for over a week, so I have not made any changes to it. What a load of rubbish. The whole idea of an ereader is to be able to carry your books round with you. Not much point if they can all vanish in the night. Back to real books I think.
New User
Iggy04
0 Kudos

WORKED FOR ME.  Just follow step by step. Don't be lazy.

Reader
mmc29
0 Kudos

Thanks so much! This worked for me on my Simple Touch! I don't always want to take my HD+ with me to the pool, but it was so frustrating not to be able to read my library books. I really appreciate the clear instructions!

New User
Finck
0 Kudos

Worked perfectly! Thank you so much! Goodbye world, hello books!

New User
PuzzleMage
0 Kudos

Finally working.  This is rediculous.  A couple decades ago, plugging something new into your computer involved knowing which end to plug in first, how to carefully set up files just right, and whether things should be powered off or on.  Nearly everything else nowadays knows how to detact the stuff it needs and set itself up with a couple of "OK, boss?" buttons and not much else.  I can't figure out why the Nook isn't preinstalled with the software neccessary to download books directly.