Reader
marycronin18
0 Kudos

Flash player question

Hello,

I was using the Nook Color for the past 18 months or so, going to Amazon.com and purchasing video content (seasons of shows not on Netflix, Youtube or Hulu plus or show's channel). I was having no problems up until last week. Now, when I go on the amazon site I can get on fine, I can load up the video fine, it shows the time elapsing as it "plays" but the screen is blank (black). No video. Was told that it is probably an Adobe Flash issue. That they may have upgraded it on amazon but the Nook doesn't support that upgrade. Does anyone know if the Nook will upgrade? If so, when? If not is there another way to view the Amazon.com video? I already tried Dolphin browser, that's worse than the browser on the Nook. Am I just "SOL" then? Thanks, any advice appreciated. -MCronin

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Flash player question

Try Puffin browser and maxthon.

Also see the threads about downloading flash etc. in the forums. Just search for 'adobe flash' and try the things listed there.

However, all that being said, if Amazon keeps updating Flash, then things will stop working completely. Because Adobe has stopped updating Flash for Android.

Inspired Contributor
VAharleygirl

5ivedom wrote:

Try Puffin browser and maxthon.

Also see the threads about downloading flash etc. in the forums. Just search for 'adobe flash' and try the things listed there.

However, all that being said, if Amazon keeps updating Flash, then things will stop working completely. Because Adobe has stopped updating Flash for Android.

As I have discovered the hard was, with my Nexus 7... which I'd gotten hoping I could see more video content than my stock NC.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

That's too bad that Flash stopped working on Nexus 7 too.