Contributor
popcornbytes
0 Kudos

Forgot my NOOKColor passcode! HELP!

hey everyone I forgot the passcode to access my NOOKColor. I can't remember it so I can't get past the opening screen that says "enter your passcode". I'll do anything to get my NOOKColor working again so I can read my books on it. Someone please help! Thanks

Correspondent
rfruth

Re: Forgot my NOOKColor passcode! HELP!

Is this like a power-on-password on a computer ?  (I don't have a NC, yet) 

N1E - HD+ soon ?
Inspired Wordsmith
donc13

popcornbytes wrote:

hey everyone I forgot the passcode to access my NOOKColor. I can't remember it so I can't get past the opening screen that says "enter your passcode". I'll do anything to get my NOOKColor working again so I can read my books on it. Someone please help! Thanks

Call customer service, there is a reset to factory defaults that will completely clear your NC but will also eliminate that password.

---------
Don
New User
Sanborn32

and you will be required to verify that you are the legitimate owner of the device. so be prepared.

New User
cjs12345

Do not waste your time calling, I did and all they told me was to factory resest the Nookcolor, as follows:

1. With the NOOKcolor powered off hold down the n button (home) and Power Button until the NOOKcolor powers on.
  2. You will be prompted with a Factory Reset dialog. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
  3. Press n button (home).
  4. You will be prompted to confirm. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
  5. Press n button (home).
  6. A Clearing Data dialog will show. NOOKcolor will reboot automatically once complete.
New User
bethgriffith
0 Kudos

will that reset my nook as in delete all info, and have to put in info again?

Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

The reset to factory settings as described by cjs12345 above will make your NC like new. When you reregister you will only have to put in your email and password, because your account is already created at BN.com. Once registered you will have to redownload your books on NC. Just tap on the covers when in wifi. (You will have to reset wifi network s too.)
Melissa19
New User
CCNP
0 Kudos

FYI: Make sure the Nook is plugged into AC power! Works like a charm.

I assume the reload procedure has a fail safe and won't let you initiate a factory reload b/c of possible corruption if it dies in the middle of the procedure.

And I know what assuming can get you =)

Reader
SHoPperTX
0 Kudos

I tried to follow your instructions but never get the Factory Reset screen. Can you help?

New User
oldhippygrandma
0 Kudos

I forgot my wifi password, and the password to my internet provider is only 7 letters. I called customer service and they said there wasn't anything they could do. This is a nook 1st edition. Now what?

New User
LivieNaz
0 Kudos

When I first tried this, the NOOKcolor would display "Reading Forever" then the screen would go blank as if it turned off. Then I tried plugging it into the recharger, which some else suggested. Finally, with the recharger plugged, I kept holding down both the POWER key and the HOME key for a long time. The "Reading Forever" appeared and disappeared 2 or 3 times before the Factory Reset dialog appeared.
New User
JJKrazy

The same thing happened to me. The only option is to rest your nook, but as long as you have a Barnes and Noble account, all your books and apps will be saved. You do have to redownload them and log into your wi-fi again, but believe me it only takes 5 minutes.

To reset:

• With the NOOKcolor powered off hold down the n button (home) and Power Button until the NOOKcolor powers on.
  • You will be prompted with a Factory Reset dialog. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
  • Press n button (home).
  • You will be prompted to confirm. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
  • Press n button (home).
  • A Clearing Data dialog will show. NOOKcolor will reboot automatically once complete.
Contributor
BN_Hemen1
0 Kudos

New User
sky1234
0 Kudos

hey every one this does work i did it and im only 9 thanks for the infoe
New User
pauline_salinas12
0 Kudos

Thank you for your advice, saved me time and money, hopefully i can return the fav some time...

New User
Nhule
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Your message has just help me reset password. Thanks!

New User
tini82
0 Kudos

thank you
New User
KwiteQute
0 Kudos

AWESome!!! It didn't work initially because the Nook wasn't plugged in to AC power. Thanks a bunch!
Reader
K_DKD
0 Kudos

Re: Forgot my NOOK Color passcode! HELP!

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New User
Akromis_Kailee
0 Kudos

Me too! and I'm really mad. please help us.