New User
0 Kudos

Forgotten Nook Passcode

So I am brilliant and reset my passcode on my NookColor and forgot it.. I have no idea what to do. I can't do anything on it and I don't want to lose the files and books that are on it. Help please?

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: Forgotten Nook Passcode

You will have to contact customer service by telephone. And be prepared to prove you are the owner.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
New User
cjs12345
0 Kudos

Do not waste your time calling, I did and all they told me was to factory reset the Nookcolor, as follows:

1. With the NOOKcolor powered off hold down the n button (home) and Power Button until the NOOKcolor powers on.
  2. You will be prompted with a Factory Reset dialog. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
  3. Press n button (home).
  4. You will be prompted to confirm. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
  5. Press n button (home).
  6. A Clearing Data dialog will show. NOOKcolor will reboot automatically once complete.

553330 wrote:

So I am brilliant and reset my passcode on my NookColor and forgot it.. I have no idea what to do. I can't do anything on it and I don't want to lose the files and books that are on it. Help please?

New User
Evermorelover
0 Kudos

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!! you're instructions were simple and not so confusing as others were and it worked, so thanks again!

Reader
SHoPperTX
0 Kudos

help - I tried these instructions and it didn't work. Evermorelover, did it work the first time for you?  I even tried live chat w/ B&N Nook help rep and I can't get it to work. I never saw the "do you want to factory reset" prompt. Maybe I've tried it too many times?  Sooooo frustrated. Can anyone help?  Thanks.

New User
mrs_witherspoon2014
0 Kudos

Hello! I followed your instructions and had my step daughter's Nook reset in no time!!! Thanks alot!!!