New User
luv2readLC
0 Kudos

Free Friday Download

How do you know the name of the free book on Fridays? On the regular Nook it is located in the daily blog. Where is it located on the NOOKcolor on Fridays? No one at the BN store could answer this question for the last 5 Fridays. Each Friday do I have to go the BN website to find out the name of the book or can I find it automatically on the NOOKcolor?

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

Re: Free Friday Download

SHOP and scroll to the far right on the top section.

Read this thread...it only shows up on Friday

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/Free-Fridays-Now-Available-On-NO...

---------
Don
New User
luv2readLC
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. I will try it this Friday.

Correspondent
draksig
0 Kudos

luv2readLC wrote:

Thank you very much. I will try it this Friday.

Maybe it will be a really good selection since it is Christmas Eve.

Distinguished Wordsmith
FantasyRider

[ Edited ]
No luck here with Free Friday showing up in the Shop area of the NC. It is 1013MT on Friday.
"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother." Albert Einstein
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

I've Shopped/Scolled to the far right/and still no sign of anything free on this Friday.

Correspondent
draksig
0 Kudos

same here, nada.

Distinguished Correspondent
yoshipumkin
0 Kudos

Today, it's a Christmas Carol by Dickens (which I was already reading and had downloaded elsewhere :smileytongue:)  So you can still grab the book, just do a search for Dickens in the search list.  Not what you were looking for, but at least you won't miss the freebie.

Distinguished Wordsmith
FantasyRider

[ Edited ]

thanks :-) I don't think the point we are making is that we don't know another way to find it. The point is that the NC has no quick way to find it via the shop screens. Someone in this thread claimed to have seen it in the shop screens - no one else is finding it there after two weeks of friday's.

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother." Albert Einstein
yoshipumkin
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

yoshipumkin wrote:

Not what you were looking for, but at least you won't miss the freebie.

It was on the shop screen for me as well,  in one of the three windows at the top.

Also, here's the link to it directly so you don't have to leaf through pages of "Dickens Christmas Carol" search results.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/A-Christmas-Carol-and-Other-Christmas-Stories/Charles-Dickens/e/978...

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I posted this elsewhere, but some enterprising individual should come up with a 'Free Friday' app that can easily communicate free books from official fridays as well as other free books here at B&N and elsewhere.

That person won't be me, but somebody should do it.

I'd pay for a regularly updated app like this.

They also announce on facebook:

Due to some some technical difficulties this morning, we're a little delayed in announcing the full Free Fridays line-up for today. We're also offering Jefferson Bass' forensic science mystery "Carved in Bone," in addition to "A Christmas Carol." Enjoy the late surprise!

I'm having difficulty inserting the product link to Carved in Bone, so here it is in plain format.  I'll presume you all can find the dicken's easily.  Carved in Bone is normally sold at $7.99.  Currently rated on the paid version 4.5 stars.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Carved-in-Bone-with-Bonus-Material/Jefferson-Bass/e/9780062076830/?...

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

FantasyRider wrote:

thanks :-) I don't think the point we are making is that we don't know another way to find it. The point is that the NC has no quick way to find it via the shop screens. Someone in this thread claimed to have seen it in the shop screens - no one else is finding it there after two weeks of friday's.

on the shop, it's the third top panel, but that only display's the dickens.  See the post above for a bonus freebook (ooh, that's a good name for an app or site)

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Distinguished Wordsmith
FantasyRider

Third top panel is/was "business picks" and apparently not everyone sees the free Friday panel. So to B&N staff monitoring a "technical support" forum...it is a bug.
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

have you checked lately?  They did announce (thru facebook) that they had a delay.

I'm seeing this on the third top panel now.  Please check and confirm.  If you are not seeing it (and you are connected via wifi), then indeed it is a problem.

I suspect though, that you haven't checked recently and/or are not connected to wifi.

Please let me know though.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

I can only see the Christmas Carol....no other freebies.

Gtriever
0 Kudos

New User
luv2readLC

I had to do a "hard reboot" in order to get it to show. A "hard reboot" is when you hold the "n" symbol and the on/off botton at the same time for 10 seconds. Try this to see if it works. You will lose everything except your library... everything meaning music, pics, etc. I hope that this helps and Merry Christmas

Distinguished Wordsmith
FantasyRider

Hard Reboot that loses all non-library items to see it? I'll still count that a bug. But thanks to all for providing the links to unbound, etc. even though was not the point of the post. ...and yes I checked for the updates at different times during Friday.