Reader
x5452jalba
0 Kudos

Free Friday screen

I always looked forward to Free Book Fridays and would eagerly download the selection from one of the main pages from the shop menu. For the last 2 weeks I have not been able to find the free book Friday page. I went into B&N and they re-registered my nook and it didn’t help. Is there a reason it shows up on my friend’s nook and not on my nook? I have the current software so…

Correspondent
KapSukdulan
0 Kudos

Re: Free Friday screen

the nook found out that you are rich, hence not allowing you to get something that is free...

NOOK for China iPad rip-off
Inspired Contributor
trishamil
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same issue, and for me too, it's been the last two weeks.  I don't know anyone with a NC, so I'm not sure if it's happening to them as well, but you mentioned that your friend's NC still shows the "Free Friday" in the shopping section?  I really would like to know what is the reason for this as well. 

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice.

Trish

Correspondent
KapSukdulan
0 Kudos

maybe you are rich as well trish...

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

KapSukdulan wrote:

the nook found out that you are rich, hence not allowing you to get something that is free...

Do you have anything to contribute to in any of these threads?  You obviously don't own a NOOKcolor and are here to just stir things up. 

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
deemure
0 Kudos

KapSukdulan wrote:

maybe you are rich as well trish...

Go away.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Correspondent
KapSukdulan
0 Kudos

i have a china rip off of an iPad, i guess i made that clear on my signature... read! dumb ass

deemure
0 Kudos

KapSukdulan wrote:

i have a china rip off of an iPad, i guess i made that clear on my signature... read! dumb ass

Uh, the picture you posted in another thread isn't a NOOKcolor.  If it's a rip off of an ipad well aren't you amazing?  And now you are using 2 user names as well.  As I said you have nothing to contribute here and apparently no life.  How sad.  What a lumpy little troll you are.

Correspondent
Wylene
0 Kudos

Nicely said! I see now that there are people getting on these post with nothing better to do but make rude comments and then disappear. Thanks deemure for all you do!!!

Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time. ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Inspired Correspondent
Lizah

There are several ways to get to the free book.

1.) On the nookcolor, you can go into shop and it is usally on the third or fourth screen, you have to scroll through and you will see the screen.

2.) On the eink nook, update The Daily and/or go into the shop and at the bottom of the shop screen, where they post sales, coupons, etc. you will see one for the free Friday book.

3.) You can go to the Facebook page for the Nook, there is always a post from Nook stating what the free book is. 

4.)The Unbound blog on the website, they always have a post about the Free Friday book and you  just click the picture and you will be directed to the book. 

One final note, have to have some patience, sometimes it isn't posted first thing in the morning and you have to, "gasp", wait a little while for it to come through.  

Reader 4
pygmy_goat
0 Kudos

My NookColor started not showing that page 2 weeks ago too. My co-worker who got me hooked to the nookcolor said hers is still working/showing the screen.

Its just very frustrating trying to look up the free book on friday. It would be nice for anyone to look into this problem that seemed to have flared up out of the blue. What a shame:smileysad:

New User
DennyKL
0 Kudos

Two nook colors in the house, one still has Free Friday, one stopped showing it two weeks ago.

no idea why

DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,247
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

deemure wrote:

... are here to just stir things up. 

46 posts, and just signed up today ...

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Frequent Contributor
NookwormNY
0 Kudos

Please don't feed the troll.
Inspired Wordsmith
TigerShawk
0 Kudos

DennyKL wrote:

Two nook colors in the house, one still has Free Friday, one stopped showing it two weeks ago.

no idea why

That's good information.  Do they both connect to the same account?  Does one have more free books, or more payed for books than another?

Distinguished Correspondent
likemynook
0 Kudos

I also have this problem.  The free Friday book no longer shows up in "Shop" and that is where I would like to see it.  I know all the ways to find it if I want to go look for it, but my question is "how do I get it to show up in my "Shop" again like it used to?".

deemure
0 Kudos

Actually wasn't feeding the troll, just advising others because he/she kept suggesting erroneous things.  Also was using a lot of profanity and I reported to moderator.

As far as free fridays, I also get emails from BN that at the bottom show free friday with a link and that show the current 99cent spotlight offering and other deals that can be had for under 5 bucks.

Reader 4
kmsgws
0 Kudos

I just spoke to a wonderful woman at my local B & N - you can still find the free Friday book by going to bn.com/unbound - I was able to download it even though it's Saturday.

Hope this gets fixed, but until it does, at least we can still enjoy free Fridays!