Contributor
arizonasullivan
0 Kudos

Frozen Nook Color....help!

My nook seems to be frozen. It won't download a book I purchased (it did download to the app on my PC just fine). It won't update to the new version (my wi fi is just fine). When I try to go to the bn website, it gives me error messages (it lets me shop just fine on their site). I've looked at all the support online plus read all the guides. I even called bn but it just hangs up on me. I'm ready to return it. Please help. Thank you!

Contributor
luvnbooks
0 Kudos

Re: Frozen Nook Color....help!

Does your Nookcolor let you navigate around in it?  Are you able to click on "Settings" and actually get to the settings?  Will it let you go back to the "Library" and show any books you might have (except the one you are trying to download)? 

If you can navigate, the Nookcolor is probably not frozen.  I know B&N is having issues with the servers (probably due to extra high volume the last couple days) because even when I was in the store today, my Nookcolor let me use the wi-fi but would NOT recognize that I was in the store so I was unable to read some books in-store like I normally do. You might want to try downloading again tomorrow afternoon, when people are back at work and hopefully things have calmed down a little.

If you can't navigate at all, have you tried powering off and then back on?

If you have a store nearby, you could take your color in and have them take a look.  The staff in-store are really great about helping out with technical difficulties - and it would probably be faster than trying customer service (who, from the sound of things, is overwhelmed).

Contributor
arizonasullivan
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for responding!  I am finally getting it to work. I'm not sure where I would be without this community. It (and you) have been a lifesaver! Happy New Year!

Contributor
luvnbooks
0 Kudos

Glad to hear you got it up and running. Happy New Year!