Contributor
hunterslashsheriff
0 Kudos

Get back a deleted book?

I bought Living Dead in Dallas when I first got my Nook Color. I read it, then I was deleting books I downloaded for free, I'm pretty sure I didn't delete the book I bought, Living Dead in Dallas. If I did, it was an accident. The book is in my Nook library on bn.com, but it won't let me transfer it to the library on my Nook. The only option in my Nook library on bn.com is to buy the book.

I took my Nook color back to Barnes and Noble today, and exchanged it for a new one, because there were some things wrong with it. I told the lady about the situation and she told me my book would be on my new Nook, but its not. 

Is there anything I can do?

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout

Re: Get back a deleted book?

It's probably on the "archived" shelf on your NC, if you can see it in your account online.

Try going to the library, then "my shelves."  One of the shelves is archived stuff, which you can easily redownload. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Contributor
hunterslashsheriff
0 Kudos

Nope, my archive is empty. 

Thank you, though.

roustabout
0 Kudos

Weird.

From the website, is there a downloadable copy of the book?  If so, you can sideload it to your NC and open it with the library app. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Contributor
hunterslashsheriff
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/hunterslashsheriff-profile/?showVisitorView=1

This is the only place I can find the book. Its not in the archive, its not in my Nook library.

The only option is to buy the book, and I've already bought it. 

I went to my order status, and I found where I bought the book, and I have the order number.

roustabout
0 Kudos

I had misunderstood your first post.  I saw "The book is in my Nook library on bn.com" and had thought the purchase-only option was what you saw on your nook color.

Unless you've been refunded for the book later on, you should be able to get this fixed by CS.

If you have a local BN with geeky staff, they can probably do a better job of helping you out than the phone support for the NC.

So, if you need to call CS, don't call for tech support but for order/purchase support. Those folks should be able to find out what happened. 

Contributor
hunterslashsheriff
0 Kudos

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :smileyvery-happy:

Reader
Pischina
0 Kudos

Thanks! It worked in my case.