New User
krysten
0 Kudos

Help with wifi setup!

So, I just recieved my nook color and I can't seem to get past step three!

My nook doesn't seem to connect to my home wifi. I've put in my password and it seems to accept it but after I put in my password and it searches for the IP address it says  "disabled;secured with wep". Once I press that, gives me three options: cancel, forget, and connect. If I click connect it still says disabled; secured with wep. I don't know what to do! It won't give me the option to continue.

PLEASE HELP.

Frequent Contributor
MEtten
0 Kudos

Re: Help with wifi setup!

[ Edited ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You wrote:

My nook doesn't seem to connect to my home wifi. I've put in my password and it seems to accept it but after I put in my password and it searches for the IP address it says  "disabled;secured with wep". Once I press that, gives me three options: cancel, forget, and connect. If I click connect it still says disabled; secured with wep. I don't know what to do! It won't give me the option to continue.

PLEASE HELP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Krysten,

I am here to help where I can.

I have also experienced the same issues/symptoms as you. And I feel for you - you may want to take a break from it for a bit also. I have passed along some suggestions that you may also choose to try with some step by steps in how to complete them - I have sent these via Private Messages (PM) to you where I will continue to help should you so choose. Given that you are new (as I am as well and may not know your way around in the forum), you can access your private messages from the top grey boxed area that is located at the top of this webpage (once you are signed in) where you find the words B&N Community. Beneath those words you will see Your Screen Name - Krysten, the word Logout, My Profile, Help and then a small envelope : ) which will demonstrate a number count and the word Unread - Meaning the number of unread messages you have waiting for you to be read. As mentioned, you may or may not already know this alternative means of obtaining help. : )

I welcome you to go there and also consider some of the suggestions that those users here provide in this post  (as they come in) and those suggestions available thru the link I provided - see below (and other posts/forums) and myself  and the additional resources/help offered (Please note Krysten : I can further provide to you additional options directly which you may not have considered - just let me know and I will send them along - if needed of course : ). And as a reminder also, Sam Levine (SLevine - Screen Name - she is the B&N forum's admin who has offered to help those with wi-fi issues)  )is also there to be of support - she welcomes those experiencing such wi-fi issues to contact her directly using the PM messaging utility.

As mentioned, I am here to relate and here to help you anyway I can Krysten. : )

Mike

Please note: You may also wish to try at your leisure, looking through this posting of other suggestions that may have been a help for others with the similar problem. Smiles !

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-Technical-Support/Nook-Color-won-t-connect-to-WEP-... - Hope this will take you to the website posting by clicking on it - or you may wish to try a cut and paste into your browser of the link as an alternative. : )

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Help with wifi setup!

krysten wrote:

PLEASE HELP.

Make sure you are putting in the passphrase for the WEP security, not the password that you use to get into the router itself.  This is a very common mistake when trying to connect to the WiFi.