Contributor
Morrigu
0 Kudos

Houston we have a reset problem

I'm seeing a lot of folks on Facebook have this same issue.  My nook color reset itself and has lost connectivity to the wireless which I knwo is working because I'm on it to post this.

HELP!  

It reset itself and won't let me finish re-registering

Frequent Contributor
JediFarfy
0 Kudos

Re: Houston we have a reset problem

Same here. It happened just as I plugged it into my computer.

B&N support is aware of it and trying to figure out what happened. I just called the store I work at and it's happened to a couple of demo units as well.

At least it's not throwing ERROR at me and is now telling me it's a network problem. Still sucks. :smileysad:

(These are all my opinions and thoughts, not those of B&N and such.)

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

me too. I was reading and it did a hard reset, went through initial reset, tried to connect with wi-fi and nothing. I tried to call CS and the lines are jammed.
Contributor
SpookyAlfred
0 Kudos

same thing happen to me this morning, it said i was a unauthorized user when i went to the app store and then it reset my nook. When it went back on it sent me to the setup page and now it says i have a network problem when i try to register it again.

Contributor
dsloth
0 Kudos

Same here. Went to sync my library and the NC reset. Now I can't register it. Original it showed error message and to shut down. Now just shows connectivity problem and I may have loss my local network (I haven't.). Upgraded Monday to 1.2

Reader 2
Oscarbud
0 Kudos

Same here ... Upgraded to new version 1.2 ... it worked fine for one day. Was able to download Angry Birds and use Pulse and everything was great.

Today I'm being asked to re-register the device ... so when I go through setup I get to step 4 and it says I have a lost connectivity to the local wireless network ... which is crazy since I'm using it to write this post and it was never a problem with my Nook before.

Please someone ... find a solution. I have library books on timers that I need to read and right now I can't even do that!

HELP!!!!

Reader 4
Bob8585
0 Kudos

I was playing Angry Birds when it reset. Same network error on mine too.

Contributor
Morrigu
0 Kudos

Has anyone else also had freeze up issues?  I have had my nook lock up repeatedly.

Reader 4
Bpurple
0 Kudos

ugh!... me too!  Was really excited to use this new upgrade...now nothing..  waaa

New User
StrangeCandy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Shiny, let's be bad guys. -Jayne Cobb, Firefly
Contributor
Karyn429
0 Kudos

Me too!  Darn!  I thought it was me!  What gives, BN????  Last time I had to reset, I had to do my shelves again.  Took forever to set them up again--I really don't want to do it again!

Contributor
Morrigu
0 Kudos

This could be a bad PR thing for Barnes and Nobles if every NC in existence just bricked itself.

Distinguished Correspondent
k2nax
0 Kudos

Turn off your wifi.  Or better yet, pick up a real book.  You remember those, right?

It is better to have loved your nook and lost,
than never to have loved your nook at all.
Contributor
Karyn429
0 Kudos

I don't have Angry Birds in a book though!  LOL!

New User
revolution101
0 Kudos

How about, I paid $250 for this brick, I can't afford a real book!

Frequent Contributor
SyJustice
0 Kudos

+++Turn off your wifi.+++

It's reset itself....you have to register to use it...you can't do that right now.  Turning off WiFi will do nothing.

+++Or better yet, pick up a real book.  You remember those, right?++++

eBooks are real books....***rolls eyes***.   Do you mean a traditional or paper-printed book?   

Some of us read ebooks for specific reasons and even more of us I would bet haven't purchased a paper book in awhile and the ones we do own....we have already read. 

New User
chefsuzanne
0 Kudos

the exact same thing just happened to me and both of my daughters. it was like a domino effect--all 3 nooks started to reset themselves. we had a moment of completely freaking out, but then started to re-register and can't get past the wifi connection. it says we are connected, but keeps spitting out the "network problem" message. definitely not our wifi as the other computers/phones in the house are having no trouble with their connections. cannot get thru to barnes and noble on the phone...

Reader 2
Nooksteric

I was on the throne using the Pulse App to catch up on the latest tech news when my Nook Color took a dump.  Ironic! :smileytongue:

New User
revolution101
0 Kudos

I wonder if they were trying to roll out the 1.2 update to run over the air. I don't think this is a device problem, it has to be something on their end. Seeing as how a hard reset still does nothing to help. I wonder how long ago I bought this thing... I could get a lot of books for $250.

Frequent Contributor
Tim_J
0 Kudos

Sure is a good thing we didn't root our nooks and cause a problem....we let B&N provide an update and seems that has caused a problem.  FYI before mine reset as others have described, and is now unable to re-register, I had noted that some apps I had downloaded yesterday had lost their custom icon or logo.  I also noted in the short time it worked that the email client has major shortcomings.