Frequent Contributor
Technogeek864CB
0 Kudos

Re: Houston we have a reset problem

Same here.  I followed the instructions on BN:  Reload 1.2 per instructions, reregister.  I finally made it to the place where it asked for my BN e-mail and password.  It says it doesn't find my WiFi.  The wifi check shows five bars on my nook, so I'm sure BN is working hard to figure this out.  I'm certain there are a lot more of us! lol

The dreams of childhood - its airy fables, its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond; so good to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown.
---Charles Dickens
Contributor
Sstipsn
0 Kudos

well, I guess it's not just me, which really doesn't make it any better, but hopefully there will be a resolve soon! :-)

Frequent Contributor
Technogeek864CB
0 Kudos

What I really meant to say is, "Don't panic. Go clean the house, come back in two hours, and there'll be a fix.  No worries.  No, we don't own bricks.  But, so what if we do, B&N will straighten this all out.  Major confidence here."

The dreams of childhood - its airy fables, its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond; so good to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown.
---Charles Dickens
New User
dkcoop51
0 Kudos

Mine's out too. Too bad they can't call me when it's working. Every time I try to use it and it tells me there's a network problem while I have 5 bars I get angry.

Frequent Contributor
krighton
0 Kudos

i know it will be back up eventually, problem is all my data was wiped...guess i know what i'll be doing this evening.

New User
tafinney
0 Kudos

<facepalm>

I was not doing anything with my Nook Color, I was just LOOKING at it and it errored out and said it needed to reset itself. Then it rebooted and did a factory reset. If I was only using it as a Nook... I might not be as ticked off as I am. But I had mine Rooted and all my software and data on it... so I will have to take it back to 1.0.1, update to 1.1.0 and Root it with AutoNooter3.0.

What a pain.

Distinguished Correspondent
The_Most_Happy
0 Kudos

*sighs*  Add me to the list of baffled, dissatisfied customers.  I purchased a new nookbook today to read to my visiting niece (a six year old.)  My NookColor downloaded the new upgrade, went black, and performed an incomplete hard reset and now alleges a network problem. 

Just last week I donated over 100 print books to a local library after upgrading most of the books to electronic versions over the past few months.  I have invested way too much $$$ in BN and the Nook Color to accept this type of service. 

I have a Nook I'd like to use, but I'm afraid to plug it into the system to download the more recent books. I also can't read my magazines on Nook.

Incredibly unacceptable situation, must be resolved ASAP. 

Frequent Contributor
Technogeek864CB
0 Kudos

Hey, for us techies, I don't worry.  Reloading stuff, whether rooted or not is not a major biggie.  I really only worry about the old folks whose son, daughter, or neighbor has to "come back down" and redo the Nook for them.  I think every village needs a Nook volunteer to help these folks redo.  Maybe Facebook would be a good place to volunteer? Suggestions?

---Charles Dickens
Frequent Contributor
SuzW
0 Kudos

I've been on two different wifi connections today. The web browser works fine on both, connecting to a variety of sites. The BN shop, however, is returning a connection problem error. I'm wondering if it's on overload with people attempting to shop for apps? I only brought my nook color to work, so I'll have to check my nook wifi when I get home and see if the same thing happens.

New User
Greyfish7
0 Kudos

+1 inexplicable reset, can't connect due to nonexistent network problem.  hooray!

New User
ChiefBulldog
0 Kudos

I just visited the Barnes & Noble store near my home and the guy told me that there has been a server crash at their end.  He told me to just keep attempting to reconnect.

Contributor
unipenguin
0 Kudos

I just spent an hour with tech support (mostly on hold) and finally got  a supervisor who discovered that the servers are undergoing maintenance and won't be back up for several hours. He was just as surprised as I was.

I find it insane that they didn't tell their tech support this when it went into effect....I actually returned my first NOOK Color and exchanged it at Best Buy upon the advice of BN tech support, as they thought the factory reset loop was an isolated issue......

I am really glad I don't work their support phones right now.  They must be losing their minds.

Correspondent
LuvNStuff
0 Kudos

Add me to the list. I come home and am really excited to play Angry Birds and get addicted to my NC and whoop de do. It's not connecting. The wifi is working though, because I'm typing this, sigh. Guess I just gotta wait it out! I do have to thanks BN for the amazing apps though. Though they might be a little pricey at least they gave us an option to have Apps :smileyhappy:

Reader 4
NmDPlm
0 Kudos

I was just coming to read for a bit and saw my nookcolor back at the original Welcome video. So of course my first thought was "Why the heck did this reset?"

And, like everyone else, I'm sitting here with an error and can't connect.

This is an Epic FAIL, no doubt.

New User
Midnightsgem
0 Kudos

The servers are down. They are working on it. If your nookcolor reset (considering you're here, it has), be patient. Hopefully they will be able to fix the issue quickly. Things like this do happen from time to time, and it is never convenient. Breathe.

Frequent Contributor
Technogeek864CB
0 Kudos

Now would be a good time for the psychologists to do a study of NookColor users and the DTs they get when disconnected from their 3rd arm.

---Charles Dickens
Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart

I'm glad I saw these threads on my computer.  As soon as I woke my nook up to read I turned off wifi.  I'll wait until I see that the servers are up and ok before I turn it back on.

Sorry you are all having trouble but thanks for the heads up.

Contributor
csmarsh
0 Kudos

When our Nook color's come back up, will we have lost any books???

New User
Richaaaaard
0 Kudos

I also had the damn error.
restarted at the beginning just now at least let me enter my email.
besides the error message we've all seen shows me the code "D131" anyone knows what it means?

New User
BaseOwl
0 Kudos

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm glad it's not just me. I talked to support for what felt like hours and he said to try again after 6. I was really excited about the apps too.