New User
BethPH
0 Kudos

Re: Houston we have a reset problem

Thanks! Mine just let me register, and all the content I had previously purchased came up, but I have to go back and kill all those pigs that I had previously demolished on Angry Birds AND find the page I was on in my book. I'm up for the challenge though :smileywink:

Maybe you could add a warning about how addicitve Angry Birds really is. I am pretty sure that I could be doing much more productive things, but I can't put it down!!!

Contributor
Morrigu
0 Kudos

Back in.  Thanks to the poster above for suggesting forgetting the connection then restarting - that's what it took.

New User
esmith34
0 Kudos

This worked for me! Thanks.

TheGrumpyPixie wrote:

HI all , I got back in. You have to click forget on your wifi link, turn off the NC and than redo everything, than don't forget to ht the sync button to get all your books and stuff back. 

Reader 4
NicBookLover
0 Kudos

I still don't have full functionality on my nook. The "n" is not taking me back to my home screen, I am unable to adjust the volume, and my menu is not showing consistently at the bottom.

-Almost over the edge in Denver-

Contributor
ThirdSon59
0 Kudos

This turned out to be an inconvenience...that was all.  I felt like I was taken hostage!

Correspondent
LuvNStuff
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

DARN! It deleted everything I had on there. :smileysad: And where are my books?! My N button isn't working either...

New User
aurora42ag
0 Kudos

my nook stay on the TOUCH THE FUTURE OF READING and no open up what can I do

Frequent Contributor
JediFarfy
0 Kudos

To those having issues: Restart. Not a hard restart, just turn it off and turn it on. That solves most issues from my experience. :smileyhappy:

New User
aurora42ag
0 Kudos

I DO THAT BUT NOTHING

New User
KathyDG
0 Kudos

Mine did the same thing.  Even when I try to register with a new email address it won't do it.  Have I lost everything on my nook?   Just bought a book last night and was getting ready to read.  What's up? 

New User
Rif1906
0 Kudos

Anyone else having problems charging their Nook Color?

Correspondent
LuvNStuff
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just spent the last 30 minutes updating everything on my NC. Smart little me did not back it up! And I just redid my music files yesterday. So I had to manually add in all my images again, and all my music. This time around, I left a folder in my PC so I can have easy access to it next time.Then I had to redo my settings. This server crash thing was really a pain in the butt. I enjoy the new apps very very very much, but the crash spoiled the fun. But just for now! I'm going to go enjoy my NC and it's awesome apps right now, and forget that the crash even happened. :smileytongue: My NC is still slightly glitchy, but it seems to be doing ok. Anyone still having issues? My battery is fine at 100%, the N button now works, and the books are all back in place.

Reader
stephaniejulian
0 Kudos

I'm still having trouble connecting to my wifi which I know is not hte problem. I've tried forgetting it and turning it off but having no luck. anyone? help?

Steph
What A Goddess Wants (available now)
How To Worship A Goddess (available December)
Spell Bound (available now)
www.stephaniejulian.com
Nook_Engineer
0 Kudos

@NicBookLover:

Try plugging your NOOK Color into your Mac or PC with a USB cable, and then eject and disconnect. 

This should fix the problem with the non-responsive Home and Volume hardkeys.

-Jeffrey

Nook_Engineer
0 Kudos

@KathyDG

If your NOOKColor was one of the ones that was reset, you'll need to log in with the same account and password as you previously logged in with.  This is because the device was not properly deregistered from our back-end databases and we still have an association between the device and your account.

If you do not remember the account that you were previously logged in with, please contact Customer Support at 1-800-THE-BOOK.

-Jeffrey

Contributor
ThirdSon59
0 Kudos

I hope you folks are going to stop the automatic update scenario again.  You should make it optional.

Inspired Contributor
TheBeerSoapCompany
0 Kudos

I did a manual upgrade on Monday and it worked fine after that.  I put it away and picked it up yesterday to read a few free logic books I found on B&N. And I was hit with the wifi page.  I thought of calling in to tech support, but the solution they seem to be giving people is sending out a refurbed Nook Color. No thanks!  I don't see how that will solve the problem, since it seems the update is the issue.

I will just wait it out and see what happens.  Meanwhile my Nook Color is useless. I can't even get past the page where it asks me to put in my email and password.

Inspired Contributor
TheBeerSoapCompany
0 Kudos

Good news. I reset my device (cleaned out all data) and the Nook is functioning again with 1.2.0.  I was scared to do it at first but it worked. And my wifi is working perfectly too.  Not sure if BN did anything differently on their end in the last 12 hours, because people were reporting that resetting did not work for them. But it worked for me and I am happy my Nook Color is no longer a $250 paperweight.

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm still waiting for the OTA update.  I did download the zip file to my laptop, but I'm not an expert and fear screwing things up as some here seem to be having to wade through.

I hope, though, that I'm correct in thinking the server thing was the reason for most of the problems people are having, and not the manually loading of the update.

Frequent Contributor
ProhibitionRose
0 Kudos

How did you manage that? Mine is reading version 1.1, even after I tried to manual download myself right onto the nook from B&N.  The download completed but wont install =( I was told by tech support to sit tight. :smileysad:

If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in! ~ Shel Silverstein