Inspired Correspondent
UndeadPoet
0 Kudos

How do you remove Clockwork Mod from eMMC to update to 1.2?

I had rooted 1.1 and CM7 Phiremod 6.2 dual-booted on the eMMC. I am trying to reset the system to update the B&N to 1.2.

I have done the eight reboots numerous times, but on the eighth time, it also goes into CWM recovery. I can't seem to delete it. I also can't load the 1.2 update with CWM. I have also deregistered a few times as well, and still no go. Any suggestions?

(Undead)Poet / Wizard / Teller-of-tales
Inspired Correspondent
UndeadPoet
0 Kudos

Re: How do you remove Clockwork Mod from eMMC to update to 1.2?

Nevermind. I believe I found my own answer here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=914690

Cheers!

(Undead)Poet / Wizard / Teller-of-tales
New User
mattd68
0 Kudos

Hi, just wondering if that solution worked for you? I have very little expertise in this area; how difficult would you say this solution is?

Wordsmith
CraigAZ
0 Kudos

mattd68 wrote:

Hi, just wondering if that solution worked for you? I have very little expertise in this area; how difficult would you say this solution is?

It's about the same effort as creating a CM7 SD card. Here's a concise tutorial:

http://nookworks.blogspot.com/2011/05/clean-12-install.html

This will install B&N1.2. Once it's there, you can do the manual (or wait for the auto) update to B&N 1.4.1.

Inspired Wordsmith
taosaur

If you already have CWM on your NC and can boot into it, the simpler method is to put a CWM-flashable stock zip like this one on any SD card (preferrably non-bootable) and flash it via "Install zip from SD card" and "Choose zip from SD card" in CWM. If your problem is having CWM, there's no need to make more copies of CWM. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

I really like having a CWM disk or two around.  Our cell carrier at the office sends a 256 M card with every handset, and they were being discarded until I heard about it - now I have 5 or 6.  Most are blank, but I can easily get a card made and have a couple set aside for specific NST and NC tools. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
New User
mattd68
0 Kudos

Thanks, everyone. I'm going to try the easiest method first - just using cwm to install 1.41. If that doesn't work I'll try the other post referenced. Thanks so much!

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Ah, Taosoar has (but I needed to hover over the link to see it) a CWM flashable 1.4.1.  I'd been unaware that the 1.4.1 had been repacked to be flashable. 

Quit hiding your work there, T :smileyhappy:

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Inspired Wordsmith
taosaur
0 Kudos

Heh, the only work I did was to poke rajendra82 when 1.4 came out and then post the link. I don't know from editing scripts or repacking zips--my strengths are strictly research and translation.