0 Kudos

Re: How do you reset Nook Color?

Contributor
Dragonfire411
0 Kudos

irishais wrote:

To reset:

Power down your NC. Wait approximately 10 seconds or so-- just give it a bit of a break between shut down and factory reset.

Press and hold power button and your "N" home button almost simultaneously-- press Power first and then the N.

Hold these until your screen flashes the "Touch the future of reading" message; hold for a second or two afterward, then release. You will then get a prompt asking if you want to reset your nook to factory. Press the home button to continue. It will ask you to confirm. Press the home key again. Your nook will deregister, reset, and when it reboots, you will see "Kate" in her tutorial video, as if you'd never registered it in the first place.

(Obviously your account info will still be valid-- simply register with your email/pw combo instead of creating a new account.)

Thanks for the info, several other places said to just hold down the home key but it wasn't working.  As soon as I tried what you said, worked like a charm!

"If you do what you've always done, you get what you've always gotten." - Alwyn Cosgrove
New User
wilhouse
0 Kudos

I can not get the reset to work. And mine says "read forever" not "touch the future of reading"

I also read about using the power, + volume and nook home key to reset, but that doesn't work either.

wilhouse

New User
CharlesEcho
0 Kudos

Very helpfull, thanks!

Frequent Contributor
tonyh61
0 Kudos

call customer support

Nook Color honeycomb 3.0/ stock 1.4.1
New User
diva2117
0 Kudos

thanxs so muc

New User
kara2001
0 Kudos

i forgot the password so i have to rset it how do u take off the password if i forgot it