Contributor
InStitches49
0 Kudos

How to Delete Files Under "My Files" on Nook Color

I have two unnecessary zip files (the update) showing up on "Media" in "My Files" under My Library.  How do I delete those so the files shown are only the one I needed?  And, yes, I'm still trying to get the update done.  It shows up on the Nook Color but won't download/unzip on the Nook Color.  I read somewhere to unregister and that would clean it up but am scared it will do more to my new ereader...help is appreciated greatly!  (Did read the manual but can't find this in there anywhere yet.)

Wordsmith
mbratch

Re: How to Delete Files Under "My Files" on Nook Color

[ Edited ]

If you haven't tried this already, you're supposed to plug the NC into a PC (via USB) and it will appear as a disk drive. Open that up, go into My Files, etc, find the files you want to delete and just delete them.

Note, if you have an SD card plugged into the unit, it appears as a separate drive with similar file structure, so make sure you pick the "main" one. :smileyhappy:

The zip file for the software update is supposed to be stored at the top level folder of that main drive. In that position, it will not appear anywhere in "My Files". But the NC should see it there when it boots and, after a few seconds, start an upgrade process. In that case, make sure you have your NC plugged into AC or you have plenty of battery life while that's happening, and also don't mess with the unit until the process completes.

Contributor
InStitches49
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for your advice because it was (1) easy to understand and (2) got the job done!  I downloaded and saved the bigger manual so that I can look up information easily on my computer rather than on the NookColor.  Somehow I wish though that for all the money this costs they would at least put in a more detailed manual rather than just the quick start guide.  But then that isn't happening with any technology anymore. Thanks again! 

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Mine came with both the Quick Start and the Manual loaded on it. You should be able to store the Manual PDF under My Files / Documents at least and read it from there on the Nook if you prefer. I read through mine end-to-end on the Nook just to get familiar with everything.

Check the online "My Library". The full manual should show up there as well. You should be able to sync it back to your Nook and see it as a real eBook there.

New User
Callarosen
0 Kudos

This was REALLY great advice! I did just as you suggested and it works! Thanks so much - good looking out :smileyhappy:

New User
WordsWon
0 Kudos

I did not work for me!  I received a message saying "Access Denied"...

New User
WordsWon
0 Kudos

Hmmm...oddly enough when I went back for a second try it worked.

Reader
Frontierman
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.....It worked:smileyhappy:  I am a new NC owner and this information was just what I was looking for

New User
baabaMA
0 Kudos

i want to delete some files i put on my nook and when i connect my nook to my pc via usb the it shows up as a drive on 'mycomputer' but when i click it no folder shows but i still see the files on my nook. pls what do i do?

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Do you have an SD card in your Nook? If so - when you use windows explorer to look at the files make sure you are not looking at the Sd card which will show up as a separate drive.

Reader
JulieAnn88
0 Kudos

Thanks, worked like a charm!