New User
Panda_Man77
0 Kudos

Re: I forgot my Nook Color Postcode

So does this mean I will never have the books and apps I had unless I buy them again

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

No, not at all.  As long as you reregister with the same name and credit card, all your purchased material will be available.  Everything you have bought is stored on B&N's servers for your access anytime you want.

New User
bnlover2
0 Kudos

Re: I forgot my Nook Color Passcode

Depress is a fancy word for push

New User
BooksMusicAndCookies
0 Kudos

Thank you so much! I was starting to worry because I couldn't remember the password and there wasn't any answers in the FAQ section of B&N

New User
gia7898
0 Kudos

Yes I have forgottn mine and i was thinking about resetting the whole thing but i dont really want too.. so could you help me?

Distinguished Correspondent
SIGal67

It might be a good idea not to set a lock code if you can't be bothered to either remember it or write it down and keep it in a safe place.

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

gia7898 wrote:

Yes I have forgottn mine and i was thinking about resetting the whole thing but i dont really want too.. so could you help me?

You're either going to have to remember it or reset. Those are your two choices.

New User
zerzan99
0 Kudos

BUT WILL THIS DELETE MY APPS OR WILL THIS KEEP THE APPS IN THE LIBRARY ON BN.COM JUST LIKE THE BOOKS  AND CAN I GET THEM BACK AS WELL? :smileyindifferent:

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

zerzan99 wrote:

BUT WILL THIS DELETE MY APPS OR WILL THIS KEEP THE APPS IN THE LIBRARY ON BN.COM JUST LIKE THE BOOKS  AND CAN I GET THEM BACK AS WELL? :smileyindifferent:

Nope all your puchases of Books and Apps are on B&N servers and you will have to re-download them to your device. Resetting also will lose all personal bookmarks,recent reading and game scores,etc...

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
New User
awesomeMG
0 Kudos

does this mean i will have to start from the beginning of Angry Birds

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

Yes!

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
New User
srabthexoh
0 Kudos

Thank you soooo much!  It worked perfectly.  I couldn't remember my password AT ALL.  Thank you, Google, and B&N!

New User
livinglark4
0 Kudos

This isn't working for me. If I hold down the power button too long it shuts off. But if I just hold down the 'n' button after the screen flashes, nothing hapens.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

livinglark4 wrote:

This isn't working for me. If I hold down the power button too long it shuts off. But if I just hold down the 'n' button after the screen flashes, nothing hapens.

You have to press both keys at the same time.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

New User
DeniseNY
0 Kudos

Thank you!

New User
Sholl
0 Kudos

For the Nook Color, if you try to enter a passcode at least 4 times in rapid succession then it should offer to disable the passcode as long as you put in your account email and password.
New User
Shy_Yosh
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!  People should also understand that you do not hold down the power button while you are holding the home button.  I did, and it didn't work.  Just wondering if that could be the reason it isn't working for others.  Just a thought....

Thank you again, You are a lifesaver!

New User
cooldog123
0 Kudos

it just said try again in 60 seconds what do I do

New User
LivieNaz
0 Kudos

I finally got the hard reset to work as described by Andy_T.  When I first tried the hard reset, I would hold down the POWER key and the HOME key at the same time for at least 10 of seconds. The NOOKcolor would display "Reading Forever" then the screen would go blank as if it turned off so I let go of both buttons.  I tried plugging it into the recharger, which some else suggested. Finally, with the recharger plugged in, I kept holding down both the POWER key and the HOME key for a long time probably more than 25 seconds total. The "Reading Forever" appeared and disappeared 2 or 3 times before the Factory Reset dialog appeared. 

My suggestions are

1) Plug the NOOKcolor into a recharger

2) Continue to hold down the POWER key and the HOME key even after the "Reading Forever" display appears and disappears multiple times until you get the Factory Reset dialog.