New User
Bree-Zee
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

I forgot my Nook Color Passcode

Can someone tell me how i can possibly reset it or something. i am a NC user in Jamaica and I tried emailing customer service and they didnt help. Then i tried calling, but they were extra busy! 

B&N Bookseller
MollyO
0 Kudos

Re: I forgot my Nook Color Passcode

Have you forgotten your account password or your lock passcode?

Molly - CRM2723
New User
pitre22
0 Kudos

i forgot my 4 digit lock combonation can someone plz help

BN_Andy

The following procedure details the process to Hard Reset your NOOKcolor device. Doing so will perform a factory reset of the NOOKcolor which de-registers your device as well as erases all local content such as contacts, sideloaded documents, personal information, 4 digit passcodes, etc.
1.Ensure your NOOKcolor is powered off; to do so, depress the power button for 5 seconds. Your LCD screen should turn off

2.With your NOOKcolor powered off, Hold the Home Key (NOOK “n,” logo below the LCD), while simultaneously depressing the Power Button for up to 25 seconds.

3. Your NOOKcolor will begin the start up process, Do NOT let go until a confirmation window appears asking if you would like to, “Factory Reset Your Device?” This will De-Register as well as erase all content and information on your NOOKcolor (Including the 4 Digit Pass-code

4. Depress the Home Key to continue with the Factory Reset

5. Depress the Home Key again to Confirm

6. Your device will now begin the clearing process. Upon completion you will regain access to your NOOKcolor however all account and personal information (email, contacts, pass-code, credit card, etc..) will be deleted from your device.  You will then be able to Re-Register your NOOKcolor and start anew

New User
Alla19
0 Kudos

Reader 2
mzklase
0 Kudos

Thanks I called technical support and he told me to hold the home and power key down for 10 sec and to do it 3 times I tried for like 20 min and still couldnt get it.So I googled it and found your instructions. It worked the first time . THANK YOU!!!!

New User
what_do_you_mean_
0 Kudos

what do you mean when u say depress the buttons?

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

what_do_you_mean_ wrote:

what do you mean when u say depress the buttons?

Insult the buttons until they frown and burst into tears? :smileywink:

I'm sure Andy meant "press" instead of "depress" -- as in push, activate, detent.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
New User
volleyball_4
0 Kudos

I have tried this multiple times and it did not work..

Contributor
Halchrist
0 Kudos

I know this is simplistic, and I'm not trying to insult you.  Is the battery charged?  If you have a dead battery, I'm not sure this process would work.  If you have battery power and it doesn't work, and your still under warranty, then you might be able to get a replacement.

Sincerely,
Don
New User
penBL
0 Kudos

yes

New User
staylo14
0 Kudos

Will this erase the ebooks that you buy too?

Inspired Wordsmith
A_Wilson

It doesn't look like anyone responded to your question about a reset erasing your books, so I thought I would help out with my limited knowledge.  If you are completely resetting your Nook, (i.e. resetting back to factory settings) then it will initally erase everything you have (the exception being if it is on an SD card).  But when you re-register the nook the library you have been accumulating from B&N will sync with your NOOK and download everything to it again.  You will have to redo your shelves and organization of your books but they will be there (eventually).  If you sideloaded content, then you will have to sideload that content again.  I hope this helps with your problem.

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." - Mother Theresa

“Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.” Ian McKlaren

New User
LOLONY42
0 Kudos

IF i do what u said will i still have my books on my nook color?

New User
LOLONY42
0 Kudos

i forgot my 4 number password thing and i dont want to loose my books on it what should i do?

New User
Babydoll74
0 Kudos

Ok, well that sucks,  I hate to think we have to reset back to factory.  I hope all the books I bought move on with my reset.

grr
New User
grr
0 Kudos

it dosnt work

:C

New User
ipadfan333684
0 Kudos

this dosen't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New User
12345678HR
0 Kudos

Thank thank thank. I was up for an hr last night trying to figure out what was wrong one of my kids changed it and couldn't remember what it was. JUST PUSHING BUTTONS!!!

New User
Dellagirl
0 Kudos

that did not help me