Reader 2
VWolf
0 Kudos

Is Last Page Read Still Supported?

I have not seen the "sync to last page read" message for some time. I read on two devices, using Nook for PC and on B&&N site.  I get no option to sync in either mode.  I have an active Wi-Fi connection when reading on my Nook Color and Nook Simple Touch. This used to be one of my favorite features.  Is this feature still available?

Frequent Contributor
Toreth
0 Kudos

Re: Is Last Page Read Still Supported?

I haven't seen this feature for a very long time. I know the Kindle still has it. I wish B&N would listen to it's readers and upgrade the software.
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Yes, B&N still syncs the last page read between devices, but it's always been a bit touchy.  Just make sure you're syncing your library on your nook  before switching to the PC.  It won't always work, but that increases your odds.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

I find it works intermittently, but it certainly isn't a feature on which I can count.  I have the NST, NC & HD+.  I synch whenever I finish reading.  It is more likely to work with the NST if I go to home or library after reading.  Even then, it seems pretty random.  It is a bit frustrating.  I also wish that highlights/notes woujld synch across the devices.

GDJ
Inspired Contributor
GDJ
0 Kudos

Yes, I just saw this yesterday.  Unfortunately, I don't have another device on which I read....

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

GDJ wrote:

Yes, I just saw this yesterday.  Unfortunately, I don't have another device on which I read....

Then this is irrelevant for you.  The nook (or nook app) should save the page you are on when you last used it or last read the book (I think Nook for Web is the exception to this rule).

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this is the answer but it might be a clue.  Last week, we upgraded frmo DSL to U-Verse fiber optics, signifcantly increasing the speed of our wireless network.  Now, synching between Nooks seems to work more often. 

Reader 2
VWolf
0 Kudos

Thanks for the posts on this topic.  Like BFCoughlin, I conclude that this is a feature that cannot be relied on.  Not syncing is causing me to reconsider buying a Nook HD, though the sale prices this week are tempting.

Reading: Frozen in Time