Reader
CaptainMarvelous
0 Kudos

Is it possible to revert my NC back to 1.1?

Hi, I just updated my NC to 1.2 using the manual upgrade, but I was also hoping to root it. Is there a possible way to revert my NC back to the 1.1 version of the firmware? Would erasing and deregistering the device be good enough or am I stuck on 1.2 in hopes that it'll be rootable soon?

And if it is possible to root on 1.2, I'd be ecstatic if someone were willing to help me out. I still want to keep all the functions of the B&N software like shop and library, but the main reason I want to root is to use my NC as a comic reader and root it to read cbr/cbz files.

Thank you!

Inspired Correspondent
Niteryder
0 Kudos

Re: Is it possible to revert my NC back to 1.1?

I posted earlier I think if you go to YouTube and check Huskermania's videos he has one on how to set your NC back to 1.1. He has two look at the newest one.

"Keep me, Protect me, Share me, and I Will Live Forever"
From the Kodak Gallery, A powerful & Moving Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWwqAI6x9A
Reader
CaptainMarvelous
0 Kudos

Thank you! I'm doing it now. Hopefully it works. I appreciate it.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

If the rollback doesn't work, the device is rootable now. 

I know, mine's rooted adn I've been using the ssh server on it to test network throughput just now ...

The rooting process is more manual than autonooter -- much more like the "monster root pack" process that some of us used for rooting 1.1. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Reader
CaptainMarvelous
0 Kudos

The reversion worked just fine, but my NC still hasn't automatically updated to 1.1 and it's been a couple minutes. Should I just leave it on standby for a while and it'll eventually do it or is there something I can do to force it (such as buy something from the store).

Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

I have been thinking about rooting an SDCard, so that when I want to read comics I can just boot to the SDCard for that and then be able to boot back to the NC when I am done reading comics.

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259
0 Kudos

CaptainMarvelous wrote:
The reversion worked just fine, but my NC still hasn't automatically updated to 1.1 and it's been a couple minutes. Should I just leave it on standby for a while and it'll eventually do it or is there something I can do to force it (such as buy something from the store).

Did you sideload the 1.1 ZIP file?

I'm not sure why you would think it would auto-update (OTA) to 1.1.  But if it auto-updates to anything, it will be 1.2, which you just cleared out.

If you want 1.1 on your unit, you'll have to find a copy of the update ZIP file, download it, and sideload it.  Is that what you've done?

- Mark

Reader
CaptainMarvelous
0 Kudos

Yeah, I updated to 1.1 manually and already rooted. Thanks, guys!