New User
BLK85
0 Kudos

Low WIFI signal strength

I have a refurbished Nook Color I bought via Walmart.  I have been experiencing issues with mine connection to my home WiFi.  If I am standing right next to my router it says Fair Signal Strength, if I sit on my couch which is probably 5 feet from my router it says Poor if it connects at all.  I have a fairly small house with two levels.  I can connect to my WiFi anywhere in or even outside my house with my HTC Incredible(Android phone), with great signal strength. 

I am useing a Linksys router.  I have read that changeing settings may help on the router.  I have changed almost everything that I can think of and nothing helps this.  I have narrowed it down to the NC.  Is there anything I have missed?  Is this a common issue with the NC's?  Just the luck of the draw? 

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Re: Low WIFI signal strength

My NOOKcolor isn't doesn't get as solid a signal as my laptop, but I can certainly get more than 5 feet with it! My wireless access point is in my basement, and I can move around on the 2nd floor with no dropped signals.

I'd suggest trying for an exchange, if you can. There's not a lot of troubleshooting you can do with the stock B&N firmware, short of restarting the NC and your wireless equipment.

New User
Gringo07
0 Kudos

Re: Low WIFI signal strength

I have excat the same problem