Contributor
zamboknee
0 Kudos

Magazine subscription problem (Newsweek)

I started a Newsweek free trial, got the first issue and read it. But when the next issue downloaded, it sends me to the Newsweek nookcolor subscription page in the shop asking if I want to start a 'Free Trial' of the magazine.

I click the free trial button and then a prompt message pops up telling me that I've already started a free trial and to 'check your library'.  It's not in the library though.  All that's there is the recent issue cover that I click in the first place.

Any suggestions or ideas as to what's going on?

Inspired Correspondent
3reddogs3
0 Kudos

Re: Magazine subscription problem (Newsweek)

When you say "it's not in the library", do you mean it's not in your online library (at B&N.com) or it's not in your NOOKcolor library?   Assuming it's in your online library but not in your NC library, you need to be connected to your WiFi network, go to your NC library and tap the SYNC button.  The 2nd issue should then download to your Nook.    

If dogs could talk, it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one (Andy Rooney)
New User
Petoom
0 Kudos

My husband and I currently have a (print) Newsweek subscription (I have contacted  you before regarding this problem).

I have a Nook and (unsuccessfully) have been trying to download Newseek on it.  My husband does not have such a device.  He is very unhappy that he will not receive the print version as he doesn't enjoy reading anything of length on the computer screen,. So we need two different kinds of help. one for me and my Nook and a solution for him.  If there is no solution for him he will cancel the subscription. (Check your files we have subscribed for many years).

Bibliophile
bklvr896

Petoom wrote:

My husband and I currently have a (print) Newsweek subscription (I have contacted  you before regarding this problem).

I have a Nook and (unsuccessfully) have been trying to download Newseek on it.  My husband does not have such a device.  He is very unhappy that he will not receive the print version as he doesn't enjoy reading anything of length on the computer screen,. So we need two different kinds of help. one for me and my Nook and a solution for him.  If there is no solution for him he will cancel the subscription. (Check your files we have subscribed for many years).

I don't know who you think you are writing to here, but this is a user to user forum.  Unless one of the moderators pops in, no one here can check anything or help you.  you need to contact CS for help.