New User
Bertie_16
0 Kudos

My Internet pages won't fully load

Just recently my internet has started acting up. I can still navigate, but the page won' fully load. The green progress bar stops about an inch short and won' budge. Not sure what caused this all of a sudden or how to fix it.
New User
SLSJ
0 Kudos

Re: My Internet pages won't fully load

I have been having the same problem for the past couple of days. I wish I knew what to do to fix it.  I can't even open the options to refresh the page. :smileysad:

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Bertie_16 wrote:
Just recently my internet has started acting up. I can still navigate, but the page won' fully load. The green progress bar stops about an inch short and won' budge. Not sure what caused this all of a sudden or how to fix it.

Something you might try is while in the browser, tap on the menu box at the top right (looks like a page with lines), select Other Options, then select Settings.

When the menu comes up, select Browser Model/User Agent, then select Mobile Browser Mode. Also make sure that down the main listing the Enable JavaScript option is checked.

What could be happening is that the web pages you are trying to view might also have flash objects, which we know the nook color currently does not support, so it slows down the page load.

By selecting the Mobile Broser Mode, the nook will supposedly see if a mobile page is available first and go to it, if not it will default to the regular web page. Mobile pages are a stripped down version of the main page and suitable for viewing on smart phones and small screens.

Hope this helps

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
New User
legend13
0 Kudos

All very good sugestions, though i tried them before i found this thread. anymore sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks