Reader
RAGEpersonified
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

My Nook Color won't turn on.

Last night I charged my Nook Color and this morning the charger was green. I took it off of th charger and tried to turn it on but it wouldn't respond. I left it alone all day then this afternoon at about 5:30p I put it on the wall charger and it registered orange on the charger. Now it's green again at 11:47pm.

I have tried the 20-30 second power/home hold but nothing happened. I tried it plugged in and unplugged but still nothing.

Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction? And please, I would really like feedback from someone with accurate information not guesses or obvious "take it to the store" responses. I just really miss my Nook and don't want to waste my time reading irrelevant discussions or information.

Again, I have tried the rebooting sequence.

Thanks in advance.

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Re: My Nook Color won't turn on.

Try holding down the power button and, at the same time, pressing the "n" button on the lower part of the NC.  Should turn on if the battery is charged . . . .

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Contributor
Buyoy
0 Kudos

try this, plug your nook to the wall charger, then try to press and hold the power button for atleast 1 minute and see if it will wake up your nook.

if it doesnt, call the BN tech support 1800-THE BOOK

New User
jazz_budha
0 Kudos

I had problem. I just kept holding the power button on and off for 15min. It turned on eventually.

New User
shenalle
0 Kudos

yesss!! it worked. thanks!!

New User
Taurusbaby579
0 Kudos

I was having this same problem with my Nook Color. I held the power button and pressed the "n" button at the same time and it turned on!!! Thank you so much!

New User
RyeGuy
0 Kudos

Hello, I had the same problem as well, I did what was told and ppressed both buttons at the same time and it turned on. My question is why does it shutdown like this in the first place, what s the issue its having? Thanks guys.

RyeGuy

New User
rondabooth
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I just had the same exact problem with my nook and pressing the power button plus the n brought it right back on.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!