New User
Chelle26
0 Kudos

My nookcolor is "possessed". Anyone else have this problem?

I got a Nookcolor for Christmas.  I soon had problems with it flashing different screens and would not respond to me touching the screen, I like to say it was "possessed".  I took it in to the store.  They rebooted it but it didn't fix the problem.  They let me exchange it for a totally new Nookcolor.  Now this one is doing the same thing!  I can't even turn it off.  Anyone have this problem?  I have cleaned the screen but that hasn't seemed to do anything. Any suggestions?

Reader 2
ghostwhisper
0 Kudos

Re: My nookcolor is "possessed". Anyone else have this problem?

The problem is fingerprints on the screen. Buy a screen protection and problem is solved. ( It's the BN's fault, they choose some unbelieveble cheap touch screen. And yes, you are not alone, lots of people have that problem and even I exchange my first one by the same reason like you )

Scribe
dvdcatalyst
0 Kudos

Same here,

even breathing on the screen seems to have it act up. Its VERY sensitive.

Correspondent
AnnaKuz
0 Kudos

I make sure I clean the screen VERY LIGHTLY when the NC is asleep!

Frequent Contributor
Kristina_044
0 Kudos

I've never had a problem like that, but I did however put the protection screen on the nook color immediately after removing it from the box. So whether that is the reason I'm not having an issue, I'm not sure.

Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis
0 Kudos

My screen is usually a total fingerprint mess. I occasionally wipe it with a soft cotton cloth. Never a problem.

Are you guys all Cheez-Its eaters? :smileywink:

Really though I have to wonder if it happens more in a super-dry or humid area of the country.

My signature line is better than your signature line.
Contributor
D3ad13
0 Kudos

ghostwhisper wrote:

The problem is fingerprints on the screen. Buy a screen protection and problem is solved. ( It's the BN's fault, they choose some unbelieveble cheap touch screen. And yes, you are not alone, lots of people have that problem and even I exchange my first one by the same reason like you )

Cheap screen? I had heard they are using the same one installed in the iPad, though I could be mistaken.

Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis
0 Kudos

D3ad13 wrote:

Cheap screen? I had heard they are using the same one installed in the iPad, though I could be mistaken.

The iPad is much bigger.

My signature line is better than your signature line.
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Chelle26, I hope the problem goes away real soon.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Distinguished Correspondent
Saint_Nookolas

Was your Nook plugged in and charging by chance?  

Many have noted that it behaves this way if it is used while plugged in and charging.  Behavior should return to normal when unplugged and operating on battery power alone.  

I think it has something to do with electrical surge during charging affecting screen sensitivity.  

If it still behaves that way unplugged, I'm out of ideas.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Susan_Pettrone
0 Kudos

"sensitive" isn't the word for it...."touchy" and somewhat a pain in the keister when I try to scroll through my books is what I have problems with. I swear. I have tiny fingers and the dumb nook STILL shows previews of every book when I try to scroll through my list and goes to the book at the mere glance at the title. Other than that glitch. I like the Nook but really wish that it weren't such a touchy machine. My husband will never be able to use it...he has huge hands and it wouldl frustrate him too much to use it.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

@Susan_Pettrone -- Try putting the anti-glare screen protector on it. It cuts down the sensitivity a little.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Contributor
kkaarraa11
0 Kudos

YES!! i got mine for christmas and I'm on my third one. all three have done it. granted i dont have a screen protector so i'm gonna try that.