Contributor
suzihawk
0 Kudos

N2A Card and Sideloaded Books

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I'm going to give it a go anyway...

I have quite a few books sideloaded on my Nook.  I just installed the N2A card.  The sideloaded books don't show up on the Nook app on the N2A side.  Do I have to sideload the books to the N2A card separately (aside from them already being on my device)?

TIA

Contributor
booklover254
0 Kudos

Re: N2A Card and Sideloaded Books

[ Edited ]

Your n2a card probably has an app named Nook for Android. If not, it can be downloaded from the market. It should show your Nook library items and you should be able to open and archive them just as you do on the stock Nook. The differences are small.

Contributor
suzihawk
0 Kudos

I've got the Nook app on the n2a card and all my B&N books are listed (and accessible).  It's the books that are already sideloaded onto my Nook that aren't listed on the n2a Nook app. 

What I'm asking is if I have to copy or move all my Digital Edition books to the  n2a card before they're accessible via the Nook app on the n2a card? 

I hope that makes sense.

Reader 4
Cadenza13
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and this is what I have done. You need to have a File Manager application and I use Aldiko app to read books from Nook when it runs the Android system from the SD card.

Open File Manager =>mnt tab (upper left corner, next to Home) => choose emmc ( the "hard drive" of your Nook/internal memory) => My Files => Books (here you have all your sideloaded books). You then have several options ("Complete action using") =>Aldiko, and then you can either open the book directly in Aldiko (from Nook's internal memory) or import it (adding to Aldiko's bookshelf). In the latter case, you will have the same book on both your SD card (on Aldiko bookshelf) and on Nook's internal memory. Depending on where you want to keep it, you may want to delete one so that you don't have duplicates of the same book.

I'm new to ebook readers and to N2A, so if there is a shorter way of doing it, I'd be happy to learn.