New User
lexianne36
0 Kudos

NC keeps shutting off and resetting

Hello,

My NC has been shutting down and resetting or re-installing the same update. I have restored it back to factory settings and it keeps doing the same thing over and over again. I am to the point where I am getting frustrated and ready to find a non NC e-reader. I got the NC for Christmas and have had nothing but problems with it off and on since then. Is there anything anyone can think of that I might try. I have spoke to customer service and there were no help and going to the store made me mad when she could not help me.

Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

Re: NC keeps shutting off and resetting

Are you trying to install the most recent software update, 1.2? What did you do to restore to factory settings? Did you buy your NC at BN? What did cs and the BN in store nook support suggest? Sorry so many questions but need to know to help you better. : )
Melissa19
Contributor
quilt-diva
0 Kudos

I am with Lexianne.  I bought an app from the app group and was in the middle of a game and all of a sudden it just shuts down and reboots itself.  This is a plain NC not rooted or anything. Bought at B&N and have the 1.2 update on it when it first came out. Good thing I bought the warranty incase I need to send it in!

Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

What app were you playing? Did you download it from the app store? I haven't heard of this happening, but if your still having a problem you could post it in the NC app forum. I would archive the app and see if the NC works ok afterwards. Do your other apps work ok?
Melissa19
New User
Fear4perfection
0 Kudos

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Factory_Mode/Skip_Out_of_Box_Experience

The nook works perfectly in this mode, IDK if its a fix, but it works perfectly, exept since you are not registered you dont get the store ... apps...books...ect. I have not tried to get out of the mode and try to register yet, for all I know it will make the nook perfect again, but i dont really use the store and I like having a working nook, so if you do use this and then go back and register tell me if it still works.