Contributor
Lacey628
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

NC sideloading ISBN number instead of title

I sideloaded some books to my NookColor using Adobe Digital Editions.  In ADE the titles are showing, but on my NC the ISBN numbers show instead.  Help!!

Also is there some way to delete books from the MY FILES folder in my NC?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: NC sideloading ISBN number instead of title

1) Nook Color uses the metadata. You'll have to get something like Calibre (software) and add names to the metadata.

2) To delete books from the My Files folder. I'm assuming you mean from Nook itself. Press and hold down on the book icon for a few seconds. You'll get a menu.

Note: Archive books you've bought from B&N. Don't delete them. If you delete them they are removed from your account forever.

Contributor
Lacey628
0 Kudos

I went to the My Files and don't understand what "book icon" you are referring to.  The only book icon I see is the one at the top of the page.  When I hold that it takes me to the book it thinks I am reading...no menu.  That is the only book icon I see.  If I hold on one of the books  listed, nothing happens.  What am I missing?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I mean book covers.

When you hold on one of the books listed the menu should come up. Are you holding for 2-3 seconds.

Also are you in the actual folders? You have to go into the folders where the files are.

Contributor
Lacey628
0 Kudos

Nothing happens when I hold on a book.  How do I know if I am in a folder?  Sorry.  I don't know what you mean.......

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I don't know how to explain it.

I'm assuming you go to your Library, then press 'My Stuff' and then 'My Files'.

Then you get My NOOK written at the top left and a bunch of folders like My Files and Screenshots and Digital Editions.

Is that where you are?

Where have you kept your sideloaded books? In the My Files folder? Go to that.

You should see a list of books. You can press and hold on any of them to see a Menu with options.

Contributor
Lacey628
0 Kudos

That is what I have been trying but no menu drops down to delete.  I get a message with the book number and "This NOOK cannot read this file. It may be an unsupported format."  I already know I can't open these books.  That is why I want to delete all of them and start over!  Thanks for trying to help............

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Then just plug it into a PC and delete them.

Contributor
Lacey628
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I finally figured out how to delete the bad books from my PC.  Thank you for all of your help!!!