New User
JLBTRAVIS
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

NOOK COLOR APPS WILL NOT INSTALL

I had my Nook Color repartitioned today after it would not install new apps and wouldn't update existing apps.  Now I get the message "Unable to download.  This item is not currently available for download to the product you are using"

I have achived and tried to install again,  same message.  purchased 2 more apps 1 installed fine got the same message as above.

Any suggustions?

Correspondent
Wulfraed

Re: NOOK COLOR APPS WILL NOT INSTALL

Any chance repartitioning also reverted the OS to the original version?

Baron Wulfraed
Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook

Excellent point, Wulfraed. When I had mine repartitioned, it installed OS version 1.2, so I had to download and sideload 1.4.3 in order to install all the apps and magazines. I would suggest to the OP that he/she do that, too.

New User
JLBTRAVIS
0 Kudos

Thank you so much.  That was exactly what happen. I am up and running now.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Good to know that's what the problem was and is fixed.

Reader 2
Ebbie80
0 Kudos

My apps will not load on my NOOK Color. It's never been repartitioned. However, my magazines download without a problem and I have the 1.4.3 software installed.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Go to Settings. Click on Device INformation.

What does the row 'Storage for B&N Content' say.

It might be that there's enough space to download magazines but not enough to download apps.

Frequent Contributor
Irishelf

Will you quit telling people that are having problems downloading apps that it is a storage issue? For some people it may be. But I have more than enough space on my NC and I have been having the same problem since the last update. Sometime, a hard reboot fixes the problem, but not always. I've had AMV, Woodwing (or whatever the heck the name of this unwanted app is) and Twitter constantly stuck in a download loop that drains the battery. And I didn't even WANT these apps.
Bibliophile
5ivedom

Why do you care IrishElf.

It could be a server issue or it could be a space problem.

If I ask them to check how much space they have free, then how does that hurt anything.

In the worst case - they have enough space.

In the best case - they don't have enough space and can solve the problem.

It has a greater than zero chance of solving the problem.

New User
yonnie1947
0 Kudos

I archived some Apps from my Nook Color and when I attempted to activate again, it goes into a download and installing loop.  I cannot access these Apps at all.  I got a message that the App Installer has stopped working.  What can I do?

New User
Jameson55

In my opinion - based on the number of posts I'm seeing - THIS IS NOT SOLVED.

Last night I updated several of my apps - seemed like the right thing to do - but since then, the 2 apps that I use - including the one I use as my alarm clock - will not run - they both show the green 'download' bar and will not download or install.  I managed to get past the AMV and Windwing installation a few times, I've done a complete shut down and restart several times.  I moved everything I could to archive and/or deleted things.  I have 90% of my storage space for both B&N Content and Other Storage.  I am on the most recent version 

I know that B&N would like us all to dump our Nook Color and buy a new tablet, but this is really pissing me off.  I don't have time to go to the store - and frankly, don't have confidence in the B&N staff to know what they are doing when I get there.  

It would be really nice if someone from B&N gave a damn and fixed this issue - or at the very least, acknowledged that there IS  a problem.

Reader 4
Seatuck
0 Kudos

I have the downloading/installing loop issue with two Apps I purchased yesterday. Pinterest and Pepperplate.B&N content space is at 57% so I don't think that is the issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

Reader 4
Seatuck
0 Kudos

Ok . I archived a few Apps that I wasn't using and the new ones completed the download. I have been mindlessly taking on the Free Friday Apps. Guess that isn't a good idea space -management -wise

New User
Marianne718

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing the same issues, but attempts to correct the situation--based on the "advice" I've read in this forum--have made everything far far worse. I am giving up on the darned thing.

To use the standard cliche, I now own a $200 paperweight. When I first purchased it in November of 2012, it was replaced twice under the warranty because the first two were lemons that refused to connect to wifi unless placed within 12 inches of a router. That should have raised a red flag but I stubbornly persisted.

Since then, I've had continuous issues with the NC randomly shutting down, sometimes automatically restarting, sometimes not. I have performed factory resets more times than I can count, requiring total redownloads of all my books and apps and e-mail set-ups every time. 

Now, the NC won't ugrade to 1.4.3 (did the manual drag and drop) and not a single app or book can be downloaded from my archive. They all engage in an endless loop of unsuccessful attempts to install. (I should point out that since, on the advice I've read here,  I archived everything, I have 95% and 100% of "content" and "other" storage available.) My Nook Color is now, for all intents and purposes, useless.

I am done. I bought this thing for reading and playing, not fiddling for countless hours trying to access my games and reading material.

New User
iliketosparkle
0 Kudos

I recently did a reset on my NC and now it won't reinstall my OverDrive Media app!  I'm seriously near tears because I do most of the reading on my NC with that app for my library's books!  It said that the app wasn't compatible with the current software installed.  I'm running 1.4.3 and previously to resetting my device, it worked JUST fine.  I figured I'd try resetting to see if it fixed the battery issue. 

Also, what is up with the AMV, Woodwing, and Twitter install circles?  Why can't I delete the crap I don't want/won't use?

Frequent Contributor
Irishelf

Those apps with the endless install loop that you are talking about are the main reason people are having trouble downloading new apps or updating old ones.  I had to do a hard reboot 3 times before I was finally able to update Angry Bird Rio.  Apparently B&N doesn't care to fix this problem, as it has existed for quite some time.  I, too, don't even want these apps (I do not read magazines on my Nook, haven't read comics since I was 8, and have absolutely no interest in Twitter).  It's almost as if TPTB at B&N are trying to annoy users of NCs enough that they will buy their new tablet.  All it's doing to me is making me much more likely to chuck the NC and buy an Ipad mini!

Kub
New User
Kub
0 Kudos

I am having this same problem on both my son's and daughter's nook Colors. The app I'm trying to add will just stall out at the install stage on both nooks. I have the 1.4.3 OS and I have 77% available on my B&N Content Storage. I have read this string and have power cycled a number of times and have left one of them off for 24 hours. I archived a number of apps, I purchased Appkiller (which installed just fine) and took off a couple unused apps from each one. I have this AMV, Woodwing, and Twitter on here which I do not want/need but can't seem to uninstall or delete. Does anybody have any guidance on the next step I should try?

New User
SadieMaeSC
0 Kudos

Been having this trouble for over a year- since NOOK-HD came out. If I try to update my apps as suggested, I've lost them! Won't buy new apps or books since all updates etc are only good for HD! Even took it to local B&N and they couldn't figure it out. NOOKColor is OBSOLETE! But I don't have the $$ to upgrade. Why should I when HD will also be old when the next version comes out. BUT
I must say that I LOVE my YouVersion Bible app and TuneIn apps! Use them all the time. Check them out, I'm sure you will too!
New User
MelissaP-bookworm
0 Kudos

Re: NOOKbooks purchased do not load

Reader 2
ReallyOldJLady
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK COLOR APPS Some I do not want

When I bring up my apps list, several items say installing and I never wanted or purchased them.  How can I get rid of them?  I tried power down but they still say, "installing" and cannot be deleted. Thank you.