New User
dancemoms4eva
0 Kudos

NOOK Color Downloads Apps but Won't Install

Hello, just got a Nook Color recently and a few apps have worked, however there are some that only download and won't install. This is the error message I get:

"Unable to download. This item is not currently available for download to the product you are using."

I would like to cry foul on this, as it says right on the website that these apps ARE available for Nook Color. The main apps I have questions on are Flipboard and Seesmic

Once again, they download into my library, but when I try to select them to install I get the above error message. I've tried a few options, such as turning all the way off, waiting, and restarting and also logging out and back in. Also tried archiving it and unarchiving it. Any help is appreciated!

Bibliophile
5ivedom

Re: NOOK Color Downloads Apps but Won't Install

DanceMoms4Ever

This just means your Nook OS is not on the latest version. Go to this page - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Software-Updates-NOOK-Color/379003190

Note: This is if you have NOOK Color.

now click on 'Get Version 1.4.3 Today'.

Then follow the steps.

AFter you've updated to the latest version your apps will all work (provided they show 'Available for Nook Color' on the product page.

Reader 2
KHill_
0 Kudos

I got my nook for chistmas, just a few days ago. the shop area has been weird since i got it, they barely had any apps compared to the website apps saying they were compatible for thr nook color, but grtting em from the website the apps would just pretend like they were there but say the couldnt run on the system. o also couldnt delete them unless i went to the site. so i figured out that my software was only 1.3. for one youd think theyd have these things updated seeing as that update came out in june. so i did the update. but now i csnt even get the thing to boot it just keeps looping that ridiculous barnes and noble screen, then to black and on and on till i shut it off, of course wont mount properly to my computer so.i hsvent been able to try and replace the update or anything. ugh.tried all the resets.and what not, it never ends:smileysad: ugh. i somehow as almost getting it to boot, it would go the part where u enter the passcode but wouldnt respond to any typing and would shut back down to the bootscreen again within ten seconds. if anyone hss any ideas id appreciate it even tho im gonna take the pos and exchange it tomorrow its still driving me nuts

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

You unit may have been in a box since June -- note that the Nook Color vanished from the web site within a few days of the HD/+ release (and same for Nook Tablet a few weeks later). Heck, there may not hsve been any built since the summer if corporate was expectingthe HD/+ to go live soon.

No company that I know of will go into warehouses and open packages, connect to power supply, etc. just to update firmware. Firmware updates tend to be applied to flash memory chips somewhere on the assembly line and appear in devices as those chips get loaded onto trays.

Baron Wulfraed
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

We ran into this problem with one of our app customers.

What worked for them.

1st: Press and hold physical n button (the one below the screen) and the power button for 20 seconds.

2nd: Power on by pressing and holding power button for 4 seconds.

3rd: Do the Update.