03-22-2011 11:07 PM
I am experiencing issues where my screen won't recognize commands
on the touch screen. The solution working is turning the power off by holding
the power button. However this is a quick fix and not taking care of the long term issue happening every day. I have the latest version 1.1.0
03-23-2011 10:35 AM
Please try doing a soft reset.
Here's the instructions:
- Hold the NOOKcolor’s “Power” button down until a pop-up window appears. The pop-up window will ask you if “you want to turn your device completely off”.
- Tap “Power Off” to confirm.
- Once your NOOKcolor is completely powered off, hold down the “Power” button again to restart the device.
- Allow a minute for your device to start up.
- You have now successfully completed a Soft Reset.
03-26-2011 05:07 PM
I bought my Nook on 2/20/11. It froze up today, not responding to anything touched on the screen. First, it "spazzed out," then it stopped responding altogether. It's charged, I've done soft reset, I've done hard reset.
This thing should not be broken so soon.
03-28-2011 09:17 AM
My first Nook froze up and the screen didn't respond after only having it less than 24 hours. B&N exchanged it. I've had the new one for 3 months. It downloaded the new update automatically with no problems. Now it is 3 months old and it was hibernating randomly, then it's telling me that it's trying to download an update and that the update failed and it's flashing the screen on & off with the error. I'm going to do a soft & hard reset to try to restore it. Otherwise I guess I'll have to call the warranty #. I love my Nook Color & tell everyone about it, but this is very frustrating.
08-11-2011 11:00 PM
My Nook color keeps freezing. I have done a hard reset as well as several soft resets. It is very frustrating that this keeps happening all the time.