New User
Sydney01
0 Kudos

NOOK Color Keeps Freezing

I am experiencing issues where my screen won't recognize commands

on the touch screen.   The solution working is turning the power off by holding

the power button. However this is a quick fix and not taking care of the long term issue happening every day.   I have the latest version 1.1.0

Frequent Contributor
denchie
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK Color Keeps Freezing

Please try doing a soft reset.

Here's the instructions:

1. Hold the NOOKcolor’s “Power” button down until a pop-up window appears.  The pop-up window will ask you if “you want to turn your device completely off”. 
  2. Tap “Power Off” to confirm. 
  3. Once your NOOKcolor is completely powered off, hold down the “Power” button again to restart the device. 
  4. Allow a minute for your device to start up. 
  5. You have now successfully completed a Soft Reset.   
Let us know if it fixed the problem.
New User
NxNW
0 Kudos

I bought my Nook on 2/20/11. It froze up today, not responding to anything touched on the screen. First, it "spazzed out," then it stopped responding altogether. It's charged, I've done soft reset, I've done hard reset.

This thing should not be broken so soon.

Reader
nancyacura
0 Kudos

My first Nook froze up and the screen didn't respond after only having it less than 24 hours.  B&N exchanged it.  I've had the new one for 3 months.  It downloaded the new update automatically with no problems.  Now it is 3 months old and it was hibernating randomly, then it's telling me that it's trying to download an update and that the update failed and it's flashing the screen on & off with the error.  I'm going to do a soft & hard reset to try to restore it.  Otherwise I guess I'll have to call the warranty #.  I love my Nook Color & tell everyone about it, but this is very frustrating. 

Reader 2
lv2readCD
0 Kudos

My Nook color keeps freezing. I have done a hard reset as well as several soft resets. It is very frustrating that this keeps happening all the time. :smileysad:

Distinguished Correspondent
Beachgirl75
0 Kudos

Do you have a SD card installed? If so, remove the card and restart your NC.

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.