Reader 2
lhachwen
0 Kudos

NOOKcolor shop not available?

I've had my NOOKcolor for all of four days. On day 1 I was able to make a shop purchase, but since sideloading the 1.2 update, the only shop page I can access is the home. Clicking anything else brings me to a "Sorry, No Results Found" page and the grey spinning wheel in the upper right-hand corner. I know I'm connected to wifi and can access the internet with no problem.

Is there a way to uninstall the 1.2 update? Seems like that may have been the catalyst, and it's not like I can download apps now anyway...or is something else going on?

Thanks so much!

New User
hvandyne
0 Kudos

Re: NOOKcolor shop not available?

I had the same problem without doing the update (mine already had it loaded when I brought it home).

Connected to the store the first day - haven't been able to get past the home page since. Hard to buy new ebooks that way. :smileysad:

New User
hvandyne
0 Kudos

OK, from another post I just shut my nook down all the way (held in the power button) and when I powered it back up I could get to the store just fine.

Hope it works for you! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
az_spunky
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem, and fully shutting down and restarting did _not_ resolve it.  I'm getting the following error:

A Problem Occurred

Sorry, a problem has occurred - please try again.  If you continue to receive this error, please visit www.nookcolor.com/support for help.

OK

So, here I am. 

Contributor
az_spunky
0 Kudos

One more note of interest - the Nook Shop _does_ work on my android phone, so it's not like the whole shop is down...

Contributor
az_spunky
0 Kudos

Oh, and like other posts here, the Shop home page works, but if I click on a suggested book, I get a pop-up window that just says:

Service unavailable

New User
tx_writer
0 Kudos

I've had my Nook color for about 36 hours. I also had the same issue reported in this thread:

The Store says nothing is available. I tried to check out Apps, but nothing would come up. AFter reading this thread, I did the hard reboot -- held the power button down until the device shutdown, and then held the power button again until the device restarted.

Now the Store and App sections work. I also can view the various departments in the store, which I couldn't do before.

Is this an issue I'll have to deal with from time to time with the Nook Color? If so, I'll return this thing before my 14-days are up. I have no interest in fighting a device every day just so I can browse the store and purchase things.

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

tx_writer wrote:

I've had my Nook color for about 36 hours. I also had the same issue reported in this thread:

The Store says nothing is available. I tried to check out Apps, but nothing would come up. AFter reading this thread, I did the hard reboot -- held the power button down until the device shutdown, and then held the power button again until the device restarted.

Now the Store and App sections work. I also can view the various departments in the store, which I couldn't do before.

Is this an issue I'll have to deal with from time to time with the Nook Color? If so, I'll return this thing before my 14-days are up. I have no interest in fighting a device every day just so I can browse the store and purchase things.

Are you sure your WIFI is on and is connected? If it is and you are able to use the web then you might just need to power off and on the nook. I am connected to shop right now and can view and purchase books.

However shop is not the only way to look for books and purchase them. You can also do that on the B&N site thru the browser. It's only the apps that need to be purchased thru shop.

I've had my Nook Color since Christmas and the only time I have ever had a problem with shop was once a couple months ago when the server was down for a short period of time.

You might notice most of the posts in this thread are months old.