Inspired Correspondent
Darcella
0 Kudos

NOOKfriends disappear?

I  just  looked  at  my  nookfreinds  on  my  NC,  what  happened?   I  lost  over  100  of  my  NOOKIES!  Just   disappeared  over night.   :-(

I try really hard to be a GLASS HALF FULL, kinda gal. :-)
Darcella
Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,358
0 Kudos

Re: NOOKfriends disappear?

Darcella,

> I just looked at my nookfreinds on my NC, what happened? I lost over 100 of my NOOKIES! Just disappeared over night. :-( <

Oh, no!  Perhaps they were abducted by aliens?  :smileysurprised:

- Mark

Inspired Correspondent
Darcella
0 Kudos

Maybe!!!:smileyvery-happy: 

thank    heavens  it  wasn't  all  of  them,   However    would   still  like  to  know,  How  and   why  they  may  have   disappeared...

Like  some  of  the  ones   who    disappeared   were  my   neighbors  and   mu   relatives.   Kinda  weird.

In  Fact  last   week,   My nook   went  Bezerk  for  a  short   while,  Scrolling  thru  apps, books pages, and  etc.  It  may  have  been  abducted by  aliens.:smileytongue:

Darcella
Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,358
0 Kudos

Darcella,

> In Fact last week, My nook went Bezerk for a short while, Scrolling thru apps, books pages, and etc. <

Ah, OK.  That could be when your Friends were being beamed up to the mother ship.  :smileyhappy:

In a more serious (and potentially helpful) vein, have you tried shutting your NC all the way off and rebooting (restarting) it?  That might correct the problem, and restore your Friends to this planet.  It's worth a try, for all their sakes.

If the problem is not unique to you (others are experiencing it as well) it could be an issue with the databases maintained on the B&N servers.  But if it's just your Friends that were abducted, it's probably your Nook.  Hopefully you won't have to do a full reset and deregister to get them back again.

- Mark

Inspired Correspondent
Darcella
0 Kudos

I  went  out  to  the   store    yesterday  and  asked  my  friendly  Kiosk man  this  exact   question. lol

He asked if MY NOOK  online  was  the  same  as   my  NC...  I  wasn't   sure   but  after   checking  MY NOOK   still  says  I   have  166  friends  and  my  NC  says  I  have  54.   He  also   said  I   should  defiantly   call  1-800- THE BOOK  and  ask about  it.  And   after  me   bringing  it  to  his  attention. He  checked  his  friends  and  apparently  he  was   missing  friends  as  well.:smileysurprised: So  I  think   we  have  been  invaded!!:smileyvery-happy:

I  also  last   evening  ran  into  someone  on  a  FB  Page (NOOK RELATED)  that   also  posted  this  exact  thing  but  she  had  400  friends  that   went  to 0!!  So  I  consider  myself  a  little   lucky.  She  was   going  to  call  of  course.

When  I  did   call   she   (the  support staff)  asked  me  for  my  serial #,   and  then  asked  me  if  I   had  ever  registered   my  NC  because, It  apparently  WAS NOT IN THE DATABASE!!!! :smileysurprised: Of  course  I   had  registered  it  and   etc..  afterall   I   have  been   buying  books.   So  we    did  a  reset  and   deregister  and  registered  again...  Then  Synced   the  online  MY NOOK  with   my NC to  get  all   my  info  back  on... However  the  MY NOOK  still  says 166 friends and  NC   still  says   55 (I  did resend and  refriend  a  couple   people,  Like  my  MOM  and   sister).   So  it  still  didn't  solve  my  problem  with  my    NOOKFRIENDS  but   my  NC  is   registered  Again! lol

When  I  was  at  the  store  the Kiosk  man   did   say  something  about  a  power outage  out  east  that   may   have   caused  some  DATA  loss, but  he  wasn't   positive  about  it.  But  thought  that   could  be   some  of  the  problem. 

So  I   guess  I   will  just  Waite,  maybe  some  of  my   friends  will  come  back  on  their  own  otherwise  I  will   resend  a  request to  the  ones  I  know  of   for   sure. :smileytongue:.

Darcella
Inspired Contributor
dtmarshall
0 Kudos

Yikes.  The Rapture at last.  I have to go.  I have some ... uh, personal business to take care of.

Don't Panic.