Contributor
Payit4ward
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Need to change password to email

Recently I had to change my email password.  How do I change it on the Nook?  I can no longer retrieve email on it...it cycles and cycles and cycles...

Thanks for help!

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook

Re: Need to change password to email

This is how I changed my Yahoo password. Perhaps it will work for your account. 

Launch the email app.

On the top line is a dropdown menu containing your email acclunt name. Open the menu.

Select Accounts from the dropdown menu.

On the righthand side of your account is a gear icon representing settings for your account. Select the gear.

A Settings page should appear.  At the bottom should be Server settings for the Incoming and Outgoing settings.

Select the Incoming settings and change the password.

Hope this helps.

Contributor
Payit4ward
0 Kudos

Pete, thanks for the help.  I tried the solution, hopefully!  But I get the message that the setup could not finish. It says it could not open connection to server and I only changed the password while on this page..nothing else.  I then tried to adjust the outgoing email settings and got a message which says "Authentic methods are not supported by server."

I am so confused, now...not sure how to proceed!

Contributor
Payit4ward
0 Kudos

It may also be as easy as going to the B&N website - going to My Account, and then go to settings and look for Change EMail, Password, or Name.  I changed my password there this morning.  I have to get somewhere without wifi in order to get my Nook to quit cycling and then I will change the settings on the Nook back to factory. ( I was tooling around following the suggestions of writers in a hope to fix things and it is now cycling in an endless search for a server based on the incorrect info I gave it.)

It may be as easy as this - go to the website and manage the account settings from there instead of through the nook account settings.  Hope this works for you!

Reader 2
Dsmart
0 Kudos

Hi i`m having the same problem..... have you resolved it ????  I had to change my e-mail password and

now my nook will not except it......  Let me know if you don`t mind : )

New User
GarysBits
0 Kudos

If you need to change the pw to your Nook email app ...

1) go to your email app

2) select [Accounts] from the pull down options at the top

3) touch the "settings symbol" to the right of gmail, yahoo or whatever account you use

4) select "incoming settings"

5) type your new password

6) click [Ok]

note: you may have to do the same for "outgoing settings"

New User
Munro77
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am having this problem also.  I need to change the  POP email account password, but when I go into the email settings and change the password, when I hit OK, it tells me Username or password incorrect (530 Access denied). 

I have tried it with incoming and outgoing, neither will work.  What is the solution?

***My solution was to delete my original POP email and reenter everything with the new password.  It worked.***

New User
Sharp1147
0 Kudos

How do you delete the POP email?
Wordsmith
Melissa19

To delete the email account so that you can start over, open up email app, tap on accounts under your email address at the top, put a check next to the email you want to delete and then tap the garbage can in top right corner. Set up email again with the new password.

Melissa19
Reader 4
MooMommy
0 Kudos

I can type a new password in, but can't continue unless I type something in the server field. What should get typed in there for Hotmail?
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Try mail.hotmail.com for the server name. Most ISP's have settled on that default server name format.