Reader
Purple_Wolf
0 Kudos

Netflix Connectivity Issue

I have been having an issue with my netflix lately where it won't connect. The loading screen will come up, then a screen that says netflix is trying to connect to available network. It shows two options: connect or exit, when you click connect it never connects it just continues the cycle & exiting closes the app. I've tried deleting the app & reinstalling it several times. It was working fine for weeks, but now it just stopped, any advice?
Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix Connectivity Issue

Have you tried powering off the NC?  Hold down the power button until the screen goes black.  Then repower back on.  This frequentlyt fixes many unusual problems.

Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

Purple_Wolf wrote:
I have been having an issue with my netflix lately where it won't connect. The loading screen will come up, then a screen that says netflix is trying to connect to available network. It shows two options: connect or exit, when you click connect it never connects it just continues the cycle & exiting closes the app. I've tried deleting the app & reinstalling it several times. It was working fine for weeks, but now it just stopped, any advice?

Just had to check my Netflix-just in case as apps have a way of changing from Nook Color and Tablet to Tablet only.  Anyways, mine is working (whew).  Perhaps your NC isn't logged in at the "More" tab top upper right of the screen?  I know I had to log in there so me NC was able to see my Netflix acct.

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Make sure you turn on wifi before you open neflix.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Reader
Purple_Wolf
0 Kudos

I always have wifi on. It will have all bars so to speak but not connect.
Frequent Contributor
COBHC

try to reset the nook and your router but first go to wireless and forget your network then power off the nook and the router for 30 secs and connect again to your network

my hate is constant and sharp and i do not hope for a better world for anyone in fact i want my pain to be inflicted on others
Reader 4
diannnoeora
0 Kudos

COBHC, Thank you! I had the same problem with my Nook Tablet and your sugestions worked. I'm glad I was able to find the szolution here when I searched. Thanks for posting!
Reader
Katepersists
0 Kudos

Thank you so much!  I was super upset this morning that my new Nook Tablet wouldn't stream Netflix.  I did what you said and everything is perfect now.  <3

New User
mhrhayw22a
0 Kudos

I have the same issue. Called B&N support, they had me try a soft reset, then had me deregister and reregister, no change except I lost all my data and a lot of time. B&N Support says it's a Netflix issue.

I receive message that 'Not able to connect to Netflix service, Please try again later (-3)'

However I can connect to Netflix on my laptop and using Playon Mobile via the Nook I can connect to Netflix. 

Frustrating. Wish I had gone with a generic more open device.