New User
manassastrails
0 Kudos

Never thought I would not love my NOOK COLOR

My husband purchased for me a NOOK Color for Christmas 2 years ago.  ....It was love at first sight...Yes....i never was without...I could read at night again without disturbing anybodies sleeping patterns...Or light bothering them or so on and so forth..Well once the 2 year warranty ran out was the beginning of the problems...It quit holding its charge..NO BIGGY....I would just read with it connected to the then the worse thing happened....Half of the screen disappeared...I took it to the local Barnes and Noble..They told me I had to call 1 800 THE NOOK.  I did this...The lady who answered told me it could not be fixed....That I had 2 options....buy a new one from them for $85.00 or a refurbed one for $65.00... not happy with any of the options but with no choice so i could be back to reading paid her for the new one.  She told me it would be to me in 3 to 5 business days....Once it arrived i would send the old one back to them.  That was April 2nd.  Well April 16th...I decided maybe I had heard wrong that I had to mail mine first.  So used the return label they sent me and mailed mine back...April 24th...no NOOK so i called...First they made it sound like I did not do what I was suppose to ...or did not pay...than they confessed that they had recieved my brokend one on 19thApril and they could not send a new one so they cancelled the whole order...finally i told them just send the refurb and i paid the $65.00...well it arrived...with the old software version....cannot download a thing onto it.....called for help...still will not work...left me to download this new version onto this thing...wont except it.....SooooSooooSooooo terribly broken hearted disappointed misled ...OH yeah the big thing it was a guy in India who tried to make me feel like I did not know English....So Screwed.... 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Never thought I would not love my NOOK COLOR

If I understand correctly

1) You have a refurbished Nook.

2) It has the old version of software.

3) You need to updat eto the new version of the software to get it to work.

Try the steps here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Software-Updates-NOOK-Color/379003190

Click on 'Get Version 1.4.3 today' and follow the steps.

They can be done without phone help.

Correspondent
tuck229
0 Kudos

I've had mixed experiences with B&N customer service.  Usually good, though.  Not sure how to get who when, but sometimes you get a person in India and sometimes you get an American CS rep.  The India reps are usually polite but not all that helpful with a problem that isn't a simple fix from their script book.  TheAmerican operators usually handle the issue very satidfactorily.  Maybe someone else can give a tip to not getting overseas CS on the phone. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Hard to say if there's any trick to getting US customer service. I heard some users complain about getting routed to the Philippines call center.

Perhaps it's a bunch of call centers. I'm guessing that calling up during the morning or afternoon would maximize the chances of finding a US call center.