Contributor
gsearle

New must-have app for rooted Nooks

A new app has been released into the B&N store that is a must-have for anybody who has rooted their device.  "App Killer" by Pixatel has a "backup" feature that will back up your B&N Store purchased Apps to your SD card.  This allows you to recover your apps from the Nook Store and install them on the rooted device.  This is especially useful if you have set up a dual-boot system.  It works!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Froide
0 Kudos

Re: New must-have app for rooted Nooks

gsearle wrote:

A new app has been released into the B&N store that is a must-have for anybody who has rooted their device.  "App Killer" by Pixatel has a "backup" feature that will back up your B&N Store purchased Apps to your SD card.  This allows you to recover your apps from the Nook Store and install them on the rooted device.  This is especially useful if you have set up a dual-boot system.  It works!

I'm curious about how to install a NOOK app on a rooted device or on the "Android side" of a dual-booted NOOK (which, in effect, is rooted). How exactly does that work?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro

I was able to install the simple minded NOOK games from my NC onto Android by backing up the apk files. Titanium Backup will do the same thing, as well as let you "freeze" apps in ROM that otherwise can't be removed. You might try that.
New User
joshhud
0 Kudos

So i just rooted my Nook HD and want to get all the books i had on my nook.. any idea how to do that? the Nook app in the playstore says its not compatible.
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

joshhud, this is the NOOK Color discussion area. You might get better responses in the HD area.

DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,314
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

The Nooko app in the Google Play Store will not run on ANY Nooks.  You need to run the internal Nook app that is already on the device.

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
New User
Percetakan-triciptamedia
0 Kudos

Thank you......................................................

_________________________________________________ Percetakan triciptamedia - Percetakan Murah - Cetak Katalog - Cetak Brosur - Kartu Undangan - Ormitamedia - Wp Amazillionaire