Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Books Purchased on bn.com Not showing up on my Nook Color

[ Edited ]

patblues wrote:

I tried sync'ing, cold restarting with no avail. When I try to download the included books, it reports that I already own them, to go check my library. But the books don't download.

If the books are listed in your online My NOOK Library, then they should be synced with your nook.

Be sure wi-fi is on and you are connected. Tap on the library icon on the nook color. Set the view options to Most Recent. Then tap on the little cirlce of arrows at the bottom left to sync the library.

If these books appear in your nook library, you can then press and hold on the book cover until a menu pops up and select Add to Home Page. Press the "N" at the bottom bezel to go to the Home Page. If the book appears on the middle of the page, you can just drag the cover down to the "Daily Shelf" at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes Add to Home Page puts it on the Daily Shelf, sometimes it doesn't.

The Daily Shelf is where books will appear that you purchase, the newest ones at the front of the line. It has room for 50 books, but only those from B&N. You cannot add sideloaded books to the Daily Shelf.

Try that and let us know if it works. There is one other thing to try, but do this sync step first.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Contributor
patblues
0 Kudos

Desert_Brat wrote:

patblues wrote:

I tried sync'ing, cold restarting with no avail. When I try to download the included books, it reports that I already own them, to go check my library. But the books don't download.

If the books are listed in your online My NOOK Library, then they should be synced with your nook.

Be sure wi-fi is on and you are connected. Tap on the library icon on the nook color. Set the view options to Most Recent. Then tap on the little cirlce of arrows at the bottom left to sync the library.

I made sure wi-fi was On, browsing works and the wi-fi icon is enabled. Sync'ing makes the circle arrows spin for several seconds, and it stops. No books are downloaded. Any view options show the user manuals and a couple of samples I downloaded. The missing books(TM) are not in the NC. :smileysad:

Thanks for your help!

-Pat

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

patblues wrote:

I made sure wi-fi was On, browsing works and the wi-fi icon is enabled. Sync'ing makes the circle arrows spin for several seconds, and it stops. No books are downloaded. Any view options show the user manuals and a couple of samples I downloaded. The missing books(TM) are not in the NC. :smileysad:

OK, here is the next thing to try.

With the nook connected to wi-fi and in the library screen; go to your online library and move the missing books to archive; tap the sync arrows to "remove" them from the nook (even though they aren't there, there might be a memory "marker").

Next, in the online library, move a missing book back to the library; sync the nook. If this makes the book show up, then repeat with each missing book and sync between.

Give that a try.

Contributor
patblues
0 Kudos

I solved the issue by deregistering and registering back the NC. In the library all the books showed up and can be downloaded.

FWIW, archiving the books and then moving them back to the library didn't help.

Thanks for all the help Desert_Brat!

-Pat

Contributor
MsCandyS
0 Kudos

I think part of my issue was missed....When I shop on the computer I add to my ewish list...when I am in a hot spot and turn my NC on to browse my ewish list there is nothing there. 

New issue came up last night, I purchased two books during the day, when I went home to sync the NC the covers (with the pictures) did not down load.

thanks for all the reading and responding to this post!!!

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

To the PP

Are you looking at the home screen and seeing only the guides? Try looking at the library - you should see them there and from there you have the option to put them on the home screen.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

MsCandyS wrote:

I think part of my issue was missed....When I shop on the computer I add to my ewish list...when I am in a hot spot and turn my NC on to browse my ewish list there is nothing there. 

New issue came up last night, I purchased two books during the day, when I went home to sync the NC the covers (with the pictures) did not down load.

thanks for all the reading and responding to this post!!!

The NC has its own wishlist. Separate from the website wishlist.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

patblues wrote:

I solved the issue by deregistering and registering back the NC. In the library all the books showed up and can be downloaded.

FWIW, archiving the books and then moving them back to the library didn't help.

Thanks for all the help Desert_Brat!

-Pat

Yup, de/re-register was the next thing to do. But most will try not to do that until everything else has been tried. You lose all of your shelves and have to create them again, among other things.

But glad to know you are back up and running again. Happy reading!

Contributor
MsCandyS
0 Kudos

I add them to my ewish list, isn't this for NC/Nook?

Candy

Contributor
AmandaGranner
0 Kudos

MsCandyS wrote:

I add them to my ewish list, isn't this for NC/Nook?

Candy

The ebook wishlist you create at barnesandnoble.com is not available for viewing on your Nook Color in the shop app. You can view it by going to the Web app and logging in to you bn.com account there. While the wishlist at bn.com is for ebooks for use on the Nook, it does not sync to your Nook at this time. You can make your whishlist purchases on your computer from the website. It may also be possible to buy them through the Web app but I personally have not tried it.

The other option is to use the wishlist on the Nook for books that may be at the top of you wishlist online but you will have to add those manually from the Nook shop.

I hope this clarifies the confusion for you. Do you have any other questions?

~ Amanda
Contributor
MsCandyS
0 Kudos

Thanks Amanda, I did understand but just would like the ability to have access to my ebook wish list simply from my NC.  Hopefully future updates will have this.

thanks again.

Reader 2
BeeBeasley
0 Kudos

I am going to post my problem and the resolution in a separate thread.  But wanted you to know that your resolution enabled me to develop an approach for my problem--so thank you! Ms. Beasley, Bay Area, CA,USA

New User
luvinamyst
0 Kudos

Go to the file in which the books are stored within your computer. They should all be within your bn download folder. Move all the books into your documents folder. They should now all appear within your documents within your nook after you have updated your content. It is not the best solution but at least you are able to read the books you paid for on your nook.

New User
MGMVA
0 Kudos

Try downloading to your computer, then drag into your nook my files > Books.

New User
edbb

Got the new e ink Nook but same thing happened, bought the book online and didn't show in my nook. Tried restarting, archiving and unarchiving from the web (while syncinc), re-buying the book (showing the "you already purchased, look in your library), etc. The only thing that worked was to reset my account on my nook (erasing all non-online-library files). I signed in again and my library books downloaded without a problem. Guess I'll have to find workarounds like this with Nook.

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

You might try posting on the boards for the new nook since the problems and solutions for the Nook Color might be different than the ones for the nook touch.

New User
Catsmrn
0 Kudos

I had the same problem.  The nook books showed up in my online library but not on my nook.  That is how I came across your question while searching for the answer myself, but in the meantime, I turned my nook off and then back on, and my books appeared.  Problem solved!  Try doing the same, good luck!

New User
DaisyMarie5514
0 Kudos

You have to reset your nook to factory settings and then you will have it on your nook