New User
Norskatt
0 Kudos

Nook Books Purchased on bn.com Not showing up on my Nook Color

I'm having a problem with the Nook Books I purchased at barnesandnoble.com showing up on my nook color.  They show up in my library on the website but, not in my library on my Nook Color.  I've hit the refresh button & still nothing.

I also tried getting a free book by using the store front on my Nook Color & it worked, the book showed up immediately on my Nook Color.

Is this common? Is there anyway to make the books show up on my Nook Color?

Thanks for any help you can offer...I just got my Nook Color today.

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Books Purchased on bn.com Not showing up on my Nook Color

[ Edited ]

Are you sure that the email address you used to register your NOOKColor is the SAME as the one that you used to set up your B&N account ??  They must be exactly the same if you want your account to sync with your device.

If you still are having problems after verifying the above then I would go into the "Settings" page, tap "Device Info", and then tap "Erase and Deregister" - see page 75 -76 of the NOOKColor User Guide.  This will set your NOOKColor back to factory settings (just like when you first got it) and you will have to register it again.  One word of caution about the "Erase and Deregister" option - while it will not get rid of the books you have in your B&N Library online, it WILL delete all of the files that you side-loaded directly to the NOOKColor's internal memory.  Be sure that you back up all your side-loaded content before doing this.  Please read the above pages in the User Guide to be sure you understand this.

If it STILL doesn't work then I would call Customer Service (1-800-THE-BOOK), choose Digital Support, ad discuss the problem with them.

Good luck . . .

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Contributor
MsCandyS
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same problem!!!  I have done the reset, I have called B&N, I have been in the store, they suggested I call B&N, I have emailed....nothing is helping and no one seems to have an answer!!!

The rep on the phone told me to add to my wish list from my nook and that in fact worked but it still didn't solve the problem...she did say at the end of the conversation "did this help you?"  I was quick to tell her NO!

I enjoy the freedom of adding to my wish list from any computer but when I hit the hot spot and look to see what I really want to purchase from my wish list on my nookcolor nothing is there!

Look forward to see if anyone has a solution to our problem!

Candy

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

MsCandyS wrote:

I am having the exact same problem!!!  I have done the reset, I have called B&N, I have been in the store, they suggested I call B&N, I have emailed....nothing is helping and no one seems to have an answer!!!

The rep on the phone told me to add to my wish list from my nook and that in fact worked but it still didn't solve the problem...she did say at the end of the conversation "did this help you?"  I was quick to tell her NO!

I enjoy the freedom of adding to my wish list from any computer but when I hit the hot spot and look to see what I really want to purchase from my wish list on my nookcolor nothing is there!

Look forward to see if anyone has a solution to our problem!

Candy

The Nook Color has its own wishlist, seperate from the e-book wishlist on the website.

New User
Norskatt

Yeah, nothing is working to get my books.  If I go to the store through my Nook Color then it tells me that I've already purchased those items & can't re-download them onto my Nook.  Very frustrating.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Did you verify the CC info?  The problem you are having is not the norm. Most times it has happened It has either been user error or a corrupt book. It helps to tell us the Title of the book. Maybe someone has had the same issue and found a solution or maybe it worked fine for them.

Dont be a 5.2... :smileyhappy:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
New User
Norskatt
0 Kudos

Yes, all of my CC info is correct.  All of my books have shown up in my bn.com library (including the books I have purchased on the Nook itself) so, I know it's not operator error  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
MsCandyS
0 Kudos

Same here, credit card is good.....and as mentioned I have done the resets to start from the beginning. 

Sounds like a software flaw, hopefully someone out there is reading this!

Candy

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

MsCandyS wrote:

Sounds like a software flaw, hopefully someone out there is reading this!

Candy

Out of curiousity, are the books PubIt books? I'm beginning to feel like there may be a problem with the PubIt server based on all the complaints in that forum.

I purchased a PubIt book on Mar. 3, and it took it 6 days to show up in my online library after I sent a note to the person who handles purchase and accounting issues.

The problem was that it showed up on my nook color immediately, but wouldn't sync to my nook 3G. I figured out why by looking in my online library and the book wasn't there, so the 3G had nothing to sync to, which further confounded the issue on why it DID show up on the nook color.

The book has finally showed up in the online library, but still won't download to the nook 3G. I'm not going to call customer service and have them tell me to unregister and reregister my device (this tends to be their pat answer). This is because I have since purchased 8 other books and they all automatically download to both nooks. It is just the one PubIt book that is a problem.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Some people who experienced this problem have had success by archiving the book, then unarchiving it, then syncing.
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

petesnook wrote:
Some people who experienced this problem have had success by archiving the book, then unarchiving it, then syncing.

That's what I was going to do and discovered the book wasn't in the library. Can't archive something that just ain't there. :smileywink:

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Contributor
MsCandyS
0 Kudos

My books were were not the Pubit books, they still sit there in my wish list online....I can purchase from my computer and then sync my nook later and it will down load, just can't browse my wishlist from where ever :smileysad:

New User
Norskatt
0 Kudos

I tried archiving them and that still didn't make them show up on my Nook Color.  They are all in my library online though.

phoneboy
0 Kudos

MsCandyS wrote:

My books were were not the Pubit books, they still sit there in my wish list online....I can purchase from my computer and then sync my nook later and it will down load, just can't browse my wishlist from where ever :smileysad:

The wishlist on the B&N site and the wishlist in the shop function of NC are seperate.

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Contributor
MsCandyS
0 Kudos

my books are in the ebook wish list. 

New User
artsaber

This is how you fix it.  I suggest trying this only a free book you've purchased.  Login into your Barnes and Noble account through a web browser.  Go to "My Nook Library", and "Delete" the book that you are having problems with.  It will ask you if you want to "archive" the book instead, but choose the option to delete it.  Your book will disappear from your Online Nook Library, but you can immediately turn around and download the book to your Nook Color device.

I had this problem with the Free Children's books "Colors" and "The Elephant's Child", although I had never downloaded them to my Nook Color.  The email addresses not matching on the site and your Nook Color registration is not the issue.  I know because I created all my Barnes & Noble stuff on the same day using all of the same information.  This appears to be a glitch in the system with some books you choose to add to your online library prior to downloading to your Nook Devices.

It took me about 5 minutes to figure out this glitch, must be an internal database issue within Barnes & Noble.  Just my guess.

Frequent Contributor
jdbakermn

The above is "NOT RECOMMENDED". 

If you "Delete" a book, you have PERMANENTLY removed it from your B&N online locker.  Customer Support is unlikely to help you, since you were warned in the popup that deleing is permanent.

Contributor
MsCandyS
0 Kudos

I have actually received a note back from B&N, the two lists are not able to sync up and they are aware of this.  I have requested they get the "bugs" out before adding stuff like games, I bought this to read/purchase books, not to play games. 

Still fustrated hoping they will work a fix for the real reason I believe many of us purchased our nooks/nook color.

Candy

deemure
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

MsCandyS wrote:

You skipped over the part where someone said the wishlist on your computer is not the same as the one on the website.  You issue seems to be something different from what the OP is experiencing.  Let me try to clarify what you are having a problem with.

On the computer you have gone to the B&N website and placed ebooks into your wishlist.  When you go to the NOOKcolor, those books are not shown in your wishlist.  If this is a correct summation, this is normal.  The wishlists on the computer, on the nook classic, and on the NOOKcolor are not the same wishlists, they are 3 separate ones-the shop areas are on 3 different servers.  Presumably this is because there are magazines and other books and items you can buy on a NC that you can't read on a nook classic or on a computer.  If the shop areas were linked someone that only owns a nook classic might buy something that can't be read on the nook classic.  Or someone on a PC might do that.  Or they'd have to "dumb it down" so that the shop content could be used on all 3 devices, but then NC owners would be missing out.

This is not the OP's problem.  The OP has bought books that aren't downloading to the NC.  To the OP, try downloading one of the books in question to your PC (assuming you have one).  The file will look odd, since it will have the ISBN number as the title and not the name.  Now, take a look at the file extension.  Some nookbooks have something like .epub.v4 (something like this).  These cannot be interpreted by the NC.  If this is what is happening, you have a couple of things you can try.  You can simply change the extension to .epub and sideload the book to your NC or try this:

Download the nook for PC app and download problem books to your PC from within this program.  Take a look at the book names now.  Connect your NC to your computer and transfer the books over to it. 

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
patblues

Hi folks,

I'm having a similar issue as the OP.

I've recently acquired a NC and set up my BN account. The BN library shows 5 free books (Dracula, Pride & Prejudice, etc.), but the NC Library only shows the two user guides.

I tried sync'ing, cold restarting with no avail. When I try to download the included books, it reports that I already own them, to go check my library. But the books don't download.

I also tried downloading another (not in the library) free kid's book, and it downloaded fine.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Pat