New User
rickrich
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color Keyboard Sensitivity?

Mine has the "R1047" code in the lower right corner.  It still does not work (multiple keypresses) when on the charger.

Inspired Contributor
BanjoBen
0 Kudos

So I got the replacement charger in the mail today. Only problem is that it's for the nook classic. I stopped by the store this evening and got a manager to exchange it. It was a bit of trouble but they did take care of it. Also, while the numbers on the charger match the old one they are clearly not identical. The textures are different as well as the layout of the text.
New User
MageCorwin
0 Kudos

I was having the same issue with my keyboard and screen and sure enough unplugged the charger and presto no more problems!

Contributor
The-Freelance-Traveller
0 Kudos

I had this problem initially when I purchased my NC, but it went away with the 1.1 update. It has now returned with the 1.2 update.
Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

I use my NC keyboard while it is charging all the time (guess I just can't wait for it to charge!) I use the web in landscape so I don't damage the usb. I have never had a problem with typing. Erratic behavior is not normal, duhh, can't believe they said that. All the NC's at BN are charging all the time. Does this mean that customers can't use the demos in the store? No, the keyboards are used all the time without a problem. I also have had an anti-glare screen protector on since day one with no touch issues. Glad your new NC works well.
Melissa19
New User
patricks
0 Kudos

Have the same issue. Forget about typing while plugged in! Design flaw? Any efforts from BN to make it right?
Reader
KarenDiane
0 Kudos

Well, here it is - April 2012 and the same problem still exists. Way to go B&N!

New User
mom_of_faith1958
0 Kudos

I am so glad you posted this.  I thought my NC was torn up and was about to be very upset.  Started googling for information and found this feed.  Once I read about the issues when charger connected I unplugged mine and sure enough the keyboard worked fine.  Thanks!!!

New User
qabal75
0 Kudos

I know everyone is talking about the charger, but since the post is in reference to the keyboard, I'm adding my 2 cents here. I'll start with an opinion...AWFUL touch screen...just sayin. On to my specific problem.

When using the keyboard in portrait whether off or on the charger, letters O and K do not work at all on the right side. On the left side letters W,E,R,S,D,F,Z,X, and C do not work what-so-ever.

Icons that fall within this approx 1inch strip from top to bottom on the left side are also entirely unresponsive.

I cant even search for books to buy in the shop app with a third of the letters unresponsive.

Of course the warranty is now just about 2 weeks out of date or I'd march it right back up to the BaM rep that sold it to me.

Anyone else having this problem?

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259
0 Kudos

qabal75 wrote:

When using the keyboard in portrait whether off or on the charger, letters O and K do not work at all on the right side. On the left side letters W,E,R,S,D,F,Z,X, and C do not work what-so-ever.

Icons that fall within this approx 1inch strip from top to bottom on the left side are also entirely unresponsive.

This is a much larger dead zone than most people having (non-charger induced) trouble report.

Of course the warranty is now just about 2 weeks out of date or I'd march it right back up to the BaM rep that sold it to me.

I'm assuming it has been fine in the past, and only started misbehaving recently?  (Otherwise you wouldn't have waited until 2 weeks past the warranty to start complaining about it.)  If so, then I'd ask what has changed? 

New screen protector, excessive finger oil buildup, summer humidity, new software update, a short but quick trip to the floor :smileywink:, etc, are all potential culprits.  Or some combination of the above.

- Mark