New User
TheDuchessofTeal
0 Kudos

Nook Color - Library file to Home Screen shortcut/options

When a file in the "My Files" area of the library is pressed, a shortcut menu - that usually includes "Add to Home Screen" appears.  I have some files - both Word & pdf format - that it does not.  Other files of the same formats, in the same directory, do have that option.

I've previously used the trick of adding the files to a Shelf and then to the Home Screen, but now these files aren't even showing up on the list to add them to the Shelf.....

Any ideas?   The process works for so many of the files I have and the ones that it doesn't don't seem to have any special characters in the name, no special formats, .... they are just normal.  Having to go into the library to find my week's reading (these are all for my classes in college) is really annoying....

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color - Library file to Home Screen shortcut/options

Do you have access to a pc? Dont know for certain, but stongly suspect that its the (lack of ) metadata in the files is why youre not getting option to add to home page. You could fix it and residelload it. 

Another idea would be to use the search function. Its quite good. (The 12 year old taught me that one!) :smileyhappy:

New User
TheDuchessofTeal
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color - Library file to Home Screen shortcut/options

Thanks for the response. I have previously checked the metadata using another ebook library tool - it is present as far as I can tell.  Any particular field/value you believe might be the issue?